"We invite you to a press conference to share details on the launch of a new product developed grounds up for India", read an invite from the company, according to IANS.
Mumbai: Instant messaging app WhatsApp, owned by Facebook Inc, is mulling a foray into digital payment services in India, its first such offering globally, and has advertised to hire a digital transactions lead in the country. Beyond India's fast growing internet user base and phone sales, which have already made it the world's second largest smartphone market, the digital payments space is tipped to rocket to $500 billion per year by 2020 - that's according to a report from BCG and (dum dum dum...) Google.
On top of this, Tez - which is expected to launch as a standalone app - is said to support other payment services such as Paytm and MobiKwik.
Women 'go off sex' with same partner THIS long into a relationship
A similar association was seen between women whose general interests differed from those of their partners and lack of sex drive. More turn-offs for women were having children under five and having given birth in the a year ago , the study found.
Google India has not responded to the report. In fact, google declined to offer any comment. It has been in talks with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to provide UPI-enabled payment on its platform for quite some while now.
In a bid to increase its presence in Indian Consumer services, Google is looking to add this TEZ payment option in India. What is even more interesting a prospect, there seems to be sound probability of global expansion plans for Tez as well. Government filings obtained by the website show that the search engine giant also registered trademarks for Tez in Indonesia and the Philippines. Let's see what this development in the neighboring India entails for Pakistan.
- Amazon launches its first fashion imaging studio Blink in India
- Congress backs measure condemning white nationalists
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Munich makes first warning by reinsurer on Harvey, Irma impact
- Jammu Rajdhani Express: Guard coach derails, no casualties reported
- Theresa May to signal United Kingdom desire to maintain close ties with EU
- Jennifer Lawrence calls beau Darren Aronofsky 'bold, brave, brilliant'
- Booker Group Records Growth in Quarterly Sales
- Le Maire : les PEL seront soumis au prélèvement à 30 %
- Priyanka Chopra calls Sikkim insurgency-hit state; forced to apologise by Twitterati