"Contrary to your statement, Premier Wynne is not standing trial".
On trial for bribery - for allegedly offering inducements to Olivier to bow out of the 2015 byelection race in favour of Premier Kathleen Wynne's preferred candidate, and eventual victor, Glenn Thibeault - are prominent local Liberal Gerry Lougheed Jr. and the former CEO of the Ontario Liberal Party, Patricia Sorbara. "Your statement is false and misleading and appears to have been made with the intention to harm the reputation of Ms. Wynne", a letter delivered to Brown on Wednesday from Jack Siegel of Blaney McMurtry reads.
"The statements could be the subject of a defamation action", Siegel warns in the letter.
Pat Sorbara, Wynne's former deputy chief of staff and Liberal campaign director, and Gerry Lougheed, a local Liberal organizer, are charged under the Election Act.
HBO To Film Multiple Endings Of 'Game Of Thrones'
The eighth and final season of Game of Thrones , which will consist of six episodes, will air sometime in 2018 on HBO . The thinking there seems to be that no matter what the show does, spoilers are going to get out.
Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne will be taking the stand today in the trial into allegations of bribery in Sudbury's 2015 byelection.
It's alleged they offered candidate Andrew Oliver a job or appointment to get him to step aside for Wynne's preferred candidate.
Both Sorbara and Lougheed have pleaded not guilty.
- Nevada gas prices highest in two years
- Stoke 2 Manchester United 2
- Rugby League convert Marika Koroibete named for Wallabies
- School seeks transfer of case
- Flynn Promoted Nuclear-Plant Project While in White House
- Marcelo extends contract with Real Madrid until 2022
- Apple Watch 3 or Apple Watch 2: everything you need to know
- Ryan Won't Say Tax Plan Won't Raise Deficit
- Turkey steps up aid efforts for Rohingya Muslims
- Star Wars 9: Release date for Episode IX has been delayed