Spartak Moscow fans firing a flare towards the ref during their game at Maribor tonight.
UEFA, the governing body of football in Europe, could investigate Spartak Moscow as its fans appeared to launch a flare at referee Deniz Aytekin.
The match - in Liverpool's Group E - was briefly suspended after the flare was sacked around 50 yards from the away end into the crowded centre of the pitch.
Russian Federation and Belarus begin joint military exercises
Ukraine will be sent to Belarus two verifiers to observe the Russian-Belarusian military exercises Zapad-2017. Tensions between Moscow and the West have spiraled since Russia's 2014 annexation of the Crimean peninsula.
The match was temporarily suspended as the flare, fired from the away end during the first half, landed within metres of Aytekin in the centre circle.
But Maribor found a leveller five minutes from time as Martin Kramaric burst forward to feed Damjan Bohar, who cut inside and curled a fine effort into the opposite corner.
Shakhtar Donetsk stunned Serie A's Napoli with goals either side of half-time to win 2-1 in their Group F match, while Besiktas were also surprise winners in Porto, with Ryan Babel completing the scoring for the Turkish side in a 3-1 victory in Group G.
- Des ossements humains sur le chantier de la Samaritaine — Paris
- Nouveau témoignage accablant dans l'affaire des assistants du MoDem — Marielle de Sarnez
- Paris 2024: l'annonce officielle et l'émotion d'Anne Hidalgo à revivre en vidéo
- Musk Now Targets October to Unveil Tesla Semi Truck
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Upcoming Windows 10 Will Show Popup Dialogs for Individual App Permissions
- Sean Spicer, Chelsea Manning join list of Harvard fellows
- Maxwell verrouille le vestiaire pour éviter la fuite d'informations — PSG
- Scotland rise 15 places in Federation Internationale de Football Association rankings as Wales leapfrog England
- Une femme enceinte retrouvée morte et ligotée à Ustaritz — Pays basque