Some fans draped a black banner on the iconic green wall in left field with the phrase "Racism is as American as Baseball" written across the front.
Within a minute or two, security had reeled the banner back and escorted the fans from their seats.
This time, the catalyst was a couple fans who unfurled a banner reading "Racism is as American as baseball", on the Green Monster - the popular and huge left field wall at Fenway.
UFC Fight Night Coming Back To Pittsburgh
MMA Junkie reported the news, and note that the promotion are now looking for a replacement opponent to face Perry. Alves (22-11) was coming off a unanimous decision win against Patrick Cote at UFC 210 in Buffalo this past April.
The Red Sox were honoring a US military veteran during that particular inning break.
The banner was quickly taken down and the fans who set it up were removed, according to CSN New England.
More recently, the poor racial history of the Red Sox - specifically late former owner Tom Yawkey - resurfaced when current owner John Henry made his desire to rename Yawkey Way known. A banner with a political message regarding the Middle East in June was dropped and was also removed.
- Buttonless iPhone X preorders to start end-October
- Pierre-Ambroise Bosse : Les photos chocs de son agression dévoilées !
- Nintendo Launches Pumpkin Spice, Poke-Ball 2DS XL
- Project Octopath Traveler Headed To Switch Next Year
- Orrin Hatch has drug puns
- VIDÉO - Castaner promet aux Français… "une augmentation de leur feuille d'impôts"
- Mandanda forfait avec l'OM contre Konyaspor
- Suspect held after pregnant teacher found dead
- Rice told House investigators why she unmasked senior Trump officials
- Ouragans Harvey et Irma: les stars se mobilisent et avertissent Trump