The popular pregame show announced that for the first time, it would be headed to New York City. The seven-time Emmy Award-winning program will air in its traditional timeslot, from 9 a.m.to noon ET, on ESPN and stream on the ESPN App.
"Thousands of alumni gather in the city each fall Saturday to root on their school and we are bringing College GameDay to NY for them!"
Needless to say, fans weren't all that thrilled with the decision to head to the big apple, especially with games like Washington at Colorado, Penn State at Iowa and TCU at Oklahoma State on the schedule.
College GameDay analyst Kirk Herbstreit added, "This is going to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, for us and the fans".
"New York City is a melting pot of college football fans and the heartbeat of America", said ESPN vice president of production Lee Fitting. "With iconic Times Square as the backdrop and alumni bases from all over the country making their presence known in the crowd, my expectation is that it will be one of the top "GameDay" setting of all time".
20 euros de plus par mois pour la prime d'activité
Jusqu'à présent, le montant de la prime d'activité dépend de la composition du ménage pour la partie forfaitaire. Mais la formule de calcul devrait être révisée à cette occasion, et les hausses intervenir de manières ciblées.
The show, which has traveled to 80 other cities, will film out of Times Square on September 23, according to the network. "We want every alumni base and college football fan near and far to join us in Times Square to provide the celebratory, festive atmosphere that is synonymous with the show". And the best moment of the show, when Corso puts on his headgear, is a little zapped given that there won't be a big game, or even a game at all, that the show is at.
Usually "GameDay" emanates from the site of an important game later that day. Maybe the show felt the matchups in Week 4 are lackluster.
The main set will be between West 43rd and West 44th streets and parallel with Seventh Avenue, ESPN said.
Ah yes, nothing screams college football like the bright lights of Times Square.
- Athletics at Red Sox
- Is Israeli tech behind iPhone X's new facial recognition feature?
- Sony Announces Limited Edition CoD WWII PS4 Bundle
- Gwinnett County Public Schools to close Tuesday due to Tropical Storm Irma
- NSUI celebrates outside 10 Janpath after historic victory in DUSU elections
- "Shape-Shifting" Bacteria spotted on ISS could be danger to astronauts
- Qualcomm's takes a subtle shot at Apple, gets its facts wrong
- L'accord de distribution de Netflix devient international — Orange
- Profits fall at John Lewis in hard market
- DU, JNU among hundreds of organisations barred from receiving foreign funds