People normally get diagnosed between the ages of 20 and 40, but it is hard to identify the crippling condition until symptoms become apparent.
The new research however used blood sample from more than 800,000 Finnish women to see if correcting a vitamin D deficiency in young and middle-age could reduce the future risk of MS. It is known as the sunshine vitamin as it is produced in your skin in response to sunlight and some foods that are a rich source of vitamin D. However, reducing levels of vitamin D in the body may actually pose various health problems including Multiple Sclerosis. Out of these, 1,092 women were diagnosed with MS and were compared to 2,123 women who did not develop the disease.
A deficient vitamin D level was defined as less than 30 nmol/L; an insufficient level as 30 to 49 nmol/L and an adequate level as 50 nmol/L or higher. The study also showed that with each 50 nmol/L increase in blood vitamin D level, there was a 39% reduction in the likelihood of MS developing in the future.
Investment consultants clash with industry over competition investigation
Advice from the 12 largest investment consultants affects £1.6trn of assets in the United Kingdom , mostly held in pension funds. However, it can not be right that the future direction, structure and regulation of our industry is driven by its participants.
Women who had deficient levels of vitamin D had a 43 percent higher risk of developing MS than women who had adequate levels as well as a 27 percent higher risk than women with insufficient levels.
Of those who had developed the disease, 58% were vitamin D deficient, compared with 52% of those who did not develop it.
According to a previous research, the connection between vitamin D and MS could be tied to the positive effects vitamin D has on the immune system. "But striving to achieve vitamin D sufficiency over the course of a person's life will likely have multiple health benefits".
- Sarah Harding And Cheryl Take Strides Towards Mending Rift With Twitter Exchange
- Doom and Wolfenstein II Games are Coming to Nintendo Switch
- Justice : Kingsley Coman condamné
- Pogba could be out for 'weeks' - Mou
- McLaren Ditches Honda For Renault Power
- Lance Armstrong calls out USC: You s- all over Reggie Bush
- Amazon lance son service de streaming musical en France
- Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. (HIIQ) - Investors Unusual Volume Roundup
- Woman Raped by Cabbie Near Golden Jubilee Park in Delhi, Accused Held
- Mandy Moore gets engaged to boyfriend Taylor Goldsmith