Noted constitutional law expert and senior counsel P P Rao died here on Wednesday following a cardiac arrest. "Leaves a huge void in the legal fraternity & is a great personal loss".
Born on 1 July 1933, he completed his LL.B. and LL.M. from Osmania University, Hyderabad.
He began teaching law at Delhi University in 1961 and was enrolled as an advocate by the Bar Council of Delhi in 1967.
In February 1969, he became an Advocate-on-Record.
Siri believes Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield owns Ohio Stadium
The Sooners have since moved up to No. 2 in The Associated Press college football poll. The other came in 1963 in Bud Wilkinson's previous year as Sooners head coach.
Remembering him as a "legal giant" Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA) Secretary and advocate Gaurav Bhatia said, "he was a respected man and a legal giant".
In 2014, President of India Pranab Mukherjee approved Rao's selection as jurist member of the selection committee of the Lokpal.
PP Rao had the privilege of assisting lawyers like H M Seervai, M C Setalvad, N C Chatterjee and A K Sen and appeared before the Supreme Court in many landmark cases like the Kesavananda Bharati and the Babri Masjid demolition cases.
- New Details About Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon's Legendaries Revealed
- La Banque nationale suisse abaisse sa projection de croissance pour 2017
- Lance Armstrong calls out USC: You s- all over Reggie Bush
- B-52s again bombing targets in Afghanistan
- Priyanka Chopra calls Sikkim insurgency-hit state; forced to apologise by Twitterati
- Jammu Rajdhani Express: Guard coach derails, no casualties reported
- Amazon launches its first fashion imaging studio Blink in India
- Theresa May to signal United Kingdom desire to maintain close ties with EU
- India Grants Citizenship to 100000 Buddhist, Hindu Refugees
- Congress backs measure condemning white nationalists