Meanwhile, if you're not too keen on waiting until next year for Apple's proprietary AirPower wireless charging mat, you can choose from a solid and relatively affordable duo of third-party correspondents.
So, to take advantage of fast charging on one of the new iPhones, you'll need to buy both a Lightning-to-USB-C cable (Apple sells them for $25), and a USB-C Power Delivery-compatible charger.
Apple's new phones, which were unveiled Tuesday during a special event at the new headquarters for the tech giant, were rumored to have wireless charging, which is a first for the popular iPhone lineup. If you own a 2016 or later edition of the MacBook Pro with a USB-C charger, it looks as though you can use your 87W or 61W USB charger to quick charge your iPhone 8 or X, regardless of the difference in wattage.
VIDÉO - Castaner promet aux Français… "une augmentation de leur feuille d'impôts"
Le secrétaire d'État chargé des Relations avec le Parlement voulait en fait parler d'une augmentation de la feuille de paie. Repris sur son lapsus, Christophe Castaner a souri et remercié le journaliste d'avoir corrigé son erreur.
iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are now official, and you may be pleased to know Apple's latest creations support fast charging. The cost of the cheapest adapter (29W) is $49 (£49 / AU$69) from Apple. The additional cost to use the fast-charging feature does not end there.
Advertised as "optimized" for the iPhone X, 8 and 8 Plus, the two actually work with tons of Android devices also, delivering 7.5W of power cable-free.
The Qi standard will support both inductive wire charging and resonant wireless charging.
- Ouragans Harvey et Irma: les stars se mobilisent et avertissent Trump
- Samsung showcases its to-be-released Galaxy Note 8
- Tesla's vice president of business development leaves after 11 years
- Media laws package to pass after Xenophon deal
- Accountability court summons Sharif, children on Sept.19
- Project Octopath Traveler Headed To Switch Next Year
- "Le redoutable" : Chapeau, Monsieur Hazanavicius !
- Pierre-Ambroise Bosse : Les photos chocs de son agression dévoilées !
- Boeing: MH-139 could save US Air Force more than $1B
- Orrin Hatch has drug puns