And now, Facebook has quietly released a group video chat app on iOS called Bonfire in Denmark. Based on TNW's videos, it looks like Bonfire also includes Snapchat-style effect when users are having a group video chat.
It seems Facebook is not getting expected engagement on Messenger. This app was first spotted by The Next Web.
TheNextWeb has confirmed that the app has been downloaded over 2000 times, and reportedly shows high levels of user retention in the Danish market - a key factor as to why it is being tested there.
The description on app store clearly explains it as "Group video chat".
Piloti di Air Berlin in rivolta, saltano (almeno) 70 voli
Il tempo della contrattazione, infatti, si sta per esaurire e il nervosismo non è mai stato così alto. Quello che è possibile stimare, sono i costi dello sciopero odierno.
"We are interested in how everyone uses technology and how we can build great experiences for them".
As the name makes it pretty much clear, the app allows user to hold video chats with several participants simultaneously. We're running a very small test in Denmark of an app we call Bonfire.
There is also Facebook's own messaging service, Messenger, that added group video calling in December 2016. "We have nothing further to share at this time", said the Messenger spokesperson in an emailed statement. You can have up to 8 friends in video chats.
Messenger already has a video chat feature, but the app itself is mostly used for regular chats. Having Bonfire work alongside Messenger should give it some exposure and traction when it launches more widely. Houseparty, which is developed by Life On Air Inc's Ben Rubin, has already attracted 20 million users who have already participated in more than 500 million video calls, according to Mashable.
- Apple présente son nouveau smartphone : iPhone X
- Cambodia opposition says determined to run in 2018 elections
- The Last-Ditch Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare
- Bill O'Reilly defends Megyn Kelly in new interview
- Bengaluru FC makes it to AFC Cup Inter-Zonal final
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Receives "Outperform" Rating from Macquarie
- Gays Rights Activist, Philly Native Edith Windsor Dies At 88
- China-initiated World Tourism Alliance established in Chengdu
- Police and prison officers to receive pay rises above 1%
- Falso allarme a Barcellona per veicolo sospetto vicino Sagrada Familia