Booker Group PLC on Thursday said sales rose in the second quarter of its financial year.
Non-tobacco sales were up 5.8 per cent while Booker said that both the catering and retail sides of the business performed well.
Booker said non-tobacco sales grew 6 percent on a like-for-like basis in the 12 weeks to September 8 while tobacco sales fell 9.4 percent, hurt by changes in tobacco legislation.
Booker said tobacco sales continued to be hit by changes in tobacco legislation, including the enforcement of plain cigarette packaging, but otherwise its convenience stores are performing well.
Flare lands near referee in Champions League game
UEFA, the governing body of football in Europe, could investigate Spartak Moscow as its fans appeared to launch a flare at referee Deniz Aytekin.
"Our plans to focus, drive and broaden Booker Group are on track", said chief executive Charles Wilson.
Booker said the competition review of the planned merger with Tesco is progressing and it was now going through the review process with Britain's Competition and Markets Authority (CMA).
Tesco's £3.7bn takeover of Booker is undergoing a lengthy investigation by the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA), which opened a "phase 1" probe into the deal in May.
Shore Capital left its rating on Booker at "sell" with a 198p target price, highlighting concerns about the CMA rejecting its planned Tesco merger.
- Why Pep Guardiola has frozen out Yaya Touré recently at Manchester City
- Kenny Dalglish Thanks Neymar, Nasser Al-Khelaifi After PSG Shirt Donation
- Global Pharmerging Market 2017 Industry Trends, Growth Rate With CAGR Analysis 2022
- How Many Bellway plc (LON:BWY)'s Analysts Are Bullish?
- Angelina Jolie's son Maddox calls mum 'a wonder' to work with
- Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Legendaries Revealed In Japanese Magazine
- Rain showers and mild temperatures continue for Thursday
- McLaren and Honda agree to terminate F1 partnership
- OYO signs MoU with China Lodging Group and secures $10M investment
- Lucas Pouille jouera en premier face à la Serbie — Coupe Davis