"The flights have been part of an existing surge in air support as the service says it is still looking at how best to contribute to President Donald Trump's new USA strategy", The War Zone reported. " Now nearly eight months into his presidency, the commander-in-chief is making good on his promise: The Air Force has deployed more munitions against terror groups in Afghanistan in August than any other month in the last five years, according to U.S. Central Command's latest summary of U.S. airpower in the region".
US Air Forces Central Command (AFCENT) was quoted as saying that an average of approximately 150 bombs were dropped every month.
Never really spoke to Harry Styles in One Direction: Zayn Malik
Despite the ups and downs, Malk said he's not against the idea of a band reunion. "Never say never", he told the magazine. Malik is now hard at work on a second album, the follow-up to 2015's " Mind of Mine ".
In an interview this year, Air Force Major General James Hecker, who runs the coalition air war in Afghanistan, said: "In essence, if we had 30 targets, we could hit 30 targets".
United States aircraft released more than 500 weapons over the country in August 2017 - the most since August 2012, when the figure reached nearly 600. The bombers largely carpet-bombed enemy positions in the mountains around Tora Bora in December 2001.
While the uptick in munitions expenditures in Afghanistan may appear as a tactical precursor for the additional troops in the coming weeks, Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. David Goldfein told Military.com that Mattis and top Pentagon planners are still hammering out the strategic details of the new deployment. During 2016, the bombers briefly flew a number of missions specifically targeting ISIS-K before another apparent halt. After President Trump announced his new strategy for Afghanistan and South Asia in August 2017, the USA military as a whole began reviewing possible options for expanding their operations.
- OYO signs MoU with China Lodging Group and secures $10M investment
- Booker Group Records Growth in Quarterly Sales
- I'll wait for my chance to help Man Utd's hot streak - Lingard
- Congress backs measure condemning white nationalists
- Un préjudice estimé à 1,5 million d'euros — Ayem Nour cambriolée
- Where would Dele Alli fit in a Raiola and Mendes team?
- New Details About Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon's Legendaries Revealed
- Women 'go off sex' with same partner THIS long into a relationship
- Le Maire : les PEL seront soumis au prélèvement à 30 %
- Paris & Los Angeles awarded 2024,2028 Olympic Games