At least 25 people including students were killed in a fire that broke out at a school in Kuala Lumpur on Thursday morning, reports claim.
More than 20 pupils and teachers died the 5.30am fire at the Pusat Tahfiz Darul Quran Ittifaqiyah religious school in Jalan Datuk Keramat, Kuala Lumpur, today.
"The number of confirmed dead are 23 students and two wardens", Khirudin Drahman, director of Kuala Lumpur's fire and rescue department told AFP.
Zach Randolph Will Avoid Jail Time Over Marijuana Arrest
Sacramento Kings forward Zach Randolph reportedly reached a plea deal regarding his August arrest for marijuana possession. Los Angeles city attorney's office spokesman Frank Mateljan says Randolph entered a no contest plea Wednesday.
The City Fire and Rescue Department said they received information on the blaze at around 5.41am. He also added that the cause of the fire is being investigated. It is one of the worst fires involving so many lives in the capital in recent years.
The bodies, on the other hand, have been moved to a nearby hospital, officials said.
The department was previously reported to have raised concerns about fire safety measures at private and unregistered tahfiz schools.
- Suspect held after pregnant teacher found dead
- Buttonless iPhone X preorders to start end-October
- Nintendo Launches Pumpkin Spice, Poke-Ball 2DS XL
- Miami resident films Hurricane Irma's ferocious wind and waves from high-rise flat
- Peine revue à la hausse pour Hamid El Mahdaoui — Hirak
- White House says details soon on taxes, DACA
- Socceroos to play Syria World Cup qualifier playoff in Malaysia
- Steve Mandanda forfait — OM-Konyaspor
- Search underway for man after vehicle found submerged in water
- Eldorado Gold Corporation (NYSE:EGO) Stock Is Shorted Less