At least 25 people including students were killed in a fire that broke out at a school in Kuala Lumpur on Thursday morning, reports claim.
More than 20 pupils and teachers died the 5.30am fire at the Pusat Tahfiz Darul Quran Ittifaqiyah religious school in Jalan Datuk Keramat, Kuala Lumpur, today.
"The number of confirmed dead are 23 students and two wardens", Khirudin Drahman, director of Kuala Lumpur's fire and rescue department told AFP.
White House says details soon on taxes, DACA
Trump is continuing his outreach with Democratic leaders, inviting Schumer and Pelosi to a dinner meeting Wednesday night. Gottheimer said he "raised the importance" of the deduction with Trump on Wednesday.
The City Fire and Rescue Department said they received information on the blaze at around 5.41am. He also added that the cause of the fire is being investigated. It is one of the worst fires involving so many lives in the capital in recent years.
The bodies, on the other hand, have been moved to a nearby hospital, officials said.
The department was previously reported to have raised concerns about fire safety measures at private and unregistered tahfiz schools.
- Eldorado Gold Corporation (NYSE:EGO) Stock Is Shorted Less
- Spain Catalonia: More than 700 mayors summoned to court
- Fans unfurl racism banner from Green Monster during Red Sox game
- Tesla's vice president of business development leaves after 11 years
- Guinée: les officiels guinéens et leurs familles privés de visa américain
- Defense Secretary Jim Mattis visiting Minot Air Force Base Wednesday
- Victim identified as shooting suspect's mother
- Nintendo Launches Pumpkin Spice, Poke-Ball 2DS XL
- Pierre-Ambroise Bosse : Les photos chocs de son agression dévoilées !
- Samsung showcases its to-be-released Galaxy Note 8