British officials reportedly suspect that North Korea was able to develop its nuclear arsenal quicker than expected due to help from Iran and possibly Russian Federation.
Merkel told Putin she supported efforts of the U.N. Security Council to rapidly adopt further sanctions against North Korea to make Pyongyang change its course, he added.
"The only conceivable solution is a peaceful and diplomatic one". North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has threatened a missile attack on the USA territory of Guam and even the US mainland - prompting warnings of retaliation, in the form of economic sanctions and possible military action, from Trump and other USA officials.
"While North Korea is in possession of nuclear bombs and is using them as a threat, it lacks the Islamic Republic of Iran's diplomatic power that stems from its population size, global sway and strategic depth", he said. "There is now an investigation into exactly how the country has managed to make this leap in technological ability", he said last week while taking questions from MPs about the North Korea crisis.
School seeks transfer of case
A bench of Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justices Amitava Roy and AM Khanwilkar said it will hear the petition on September 18. Thomas was arrested on Monday in connection with the murder of the boy in school premises on Friday last week.
Merkel has said she would be prepared to become involved in a diplomatic initiative to end the North Korean nuclear and missile programs, and suggested that negotiations held to reach the Iran nuclear deal could be a model.
The US plans to bring a draft resolution toughening sanctions against North Korea to a vote at the UN Security Council for the nuclear test carried out by the country on September 3. Those talks were begun by the Europeans and later expanded to include the five permanent member states of the United Nations Security Council, plus Germany, and chaired by the European Union's foreign policy chief.
The German leader said that was "a long but important time of diplomacy" that ultimately had a "good end" a year ago, referring to when the deal was implemented. Europe and in particular Germany should be ready to contribute a very active part.
- Vern Fiddler announces retirement from National Hockey League
- US Senate approves resolution condemning white supremacist groups
- Apple Watch 3 or Apple Watch 2: everything you need to know
- Vikings QB Sam Bradford Named Offensive Player Of The Week
- AMC Entertainment Holdings' (AMC) Buy Rating Reaffirmed at Citigroup Inc
- Local Volunteers Deploy To Help Hurricane Victims
- Rijiju hits at critics of India's handling of Rohingya Muslim refugees
- Pinellas becomes the latest school district to delay reopening to Monday
- "C'est vrai que j'ai été proche de quitter Arsenal" — Giroud
- G5 Sahel : Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta est à Ouagadougou