"It is a huge honour to be a part of such a great tournament and even more of an honour to be the first Afghanistan player to participate on the BBL stage".
Afghanistan's spin sensation Rashid Khan will play for the Adelaide Strikers in Australia's Twenty20 Big Bash League later this year, the club said on Thursday.
"Rashid has set the world alight in T20 cricket. he has some great variations, can bowl stump-to-stump and can be very hard to pick", Gillespie said in a statement. "I look forward to linking up with my Strikers team-mates and backroom staff", ESPNcricinfo quoted Rashid as saying.
Strikers coach Jason Gillespie said the team is delighted to procure the services of the legspinner, who is the second overseas player on board for Strikers, after hard-hitting South African Colin Ingram.
Khan along with former skipper Mohammad Nabi for first time made it into a major worldwide sporting event, Indian Premier League, in February this year.
L Brands, Inc. (LB) Coverage Initiated by Analysts at Sanford C. Bernstein
Bank & Trust Of America Corp De invested 0.01% of its portfolio in L Brands Inc (NYSE:LB). (LB) opened at 40.47 on Thursday. ILLEGAL ACTIVITY WARNING: This news story was posted by Dispatch Tribunal and is the property of of Dispatch Tribunal.
Rashid was signed by Sunrisers Hyderabad this year in the Indian Premier League, and starred with 17 wickets at 21.05 and an economy rate of 6.62.
Afghanistan's Rashid Khan has gone from strength to strength impressing all.
Having become the first Afghan signing in BBL history, Khan will be looking forward to producing performances similar to those at the IPL and CPL.
Rashid Khan has been roped in by Adelaide Strikers for 2017-18 edition.
- Honda Urban EV: The Star Of Show
- Lamar Advertising Company (LAMR) Shares Bought by Utah Retirement Systems
- Apple and Dell bid to acquire Toshiba's memory chip business
- Swiss National Bank Maintains Interest Rates At -0.75%, Franc Concerns Ease Slightly
- Trump Administration still reviewing DACA program for immigrant children: Tom Bossert
- Paul Walker : l'hommage bouleversant de sa fille
- Deux enfants perdent la vie dans un accident de la route — Nord
- Going Through the Chart for Morgan Stanley (MS)
- Volkswagen va investir 70 milliards dans l'électrique
- Stoke's Eric Choupo-Moting hits double to hold Manchester United to draw