The separate petitions were filed by Mr. Sharif and his family against the judgment on July 28 that disqualified the 67-year-old for dishonesty, and, ruled that corruption cases be filed against his family and Mr. Dar over the scandal.
An accountability court of Islamabad on Wednesday ordered deposed prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his sons, Hussain and Hassan, to appear before it on Sept.19.
The court a day before accepted the reference against Sharif and his sons related to Flagship Investment Ltd while rejecting three others against them, his daughter Maryam Nawaz, son-in-law retired Capt Safdar and Finance Minister Ishaq Dar in connection with the Panama Papers case. The references returned back were about the Sharif family's flats in a posh London neighborhood, Al-Azizia Steel Mill and owning assets disproportionate to the known source of income.
The accountability court acted shortly after the NAB resubmitted the references.
Le militant Cédric Herrou placé une septième fois en garde à vue — Côte d'Azur
Son avocat dénonce auprès de l'AFP une accusation "incohérente": "On a vu une personne incohérente et qui a changé de version. C'est surprenant que la garde à vue soit prolongée [ndlr: mercredi] alors qu'il n'y a plus d'éléments", s'est-il ému.
Headed by Chief Election Commissioner Sardar Muhammad Raza Khan, a bench was hearing the identical petitions filed by Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), Pakistan Awami Tehreek and two individuals against Sharif's political activities after his disqualification in the Panamagate case.
The Supreme Court judgment dated July 28 disqualified Nawaz Sharif from the office of prime minister for not disclosing his un-drawn salary from a UAE firm.
Soon after the SC judgement, the PM House issued a terse statement saying that Nawaz Sharif, despite having reservations on the court verdict, has stepped down from his post as the premier.
- Ford Tests Making Autonomous Vehicles Communicate with Pedestrians
- Updates from Champions League clash in Holland
- Hellboy: First Look at David Harbour, New Logo Revealed
- Nintendo Opens Latest Direct With Pokemon UltraSun/UltraMoon
- Adam Levine & Behati Prinsloo Expecting Second Child
- FEMA nominee withdraws amid report of Katrina conflict
- Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) Holdings Held by Chickasaw Capital Management LLC
- EL : Mandanda forfait pour OM-Konyaspor !
- Blizzcon 2017: Blizzard Announces Virtual Ticket Details And Changes
- SBI Life Insurance IPO aims for Rs70,000 crore valuation