Secretary of State Rex Tillerson would like to improve relations with Russian Federation and said the countries should not escalate their diplomatic quarrel, a State Department spokesperson said Tuesday.
The Secretary of State Rex Tillerson "believes that no further escalatory action is necessary at his point and we look forward to trying to forge ahead", State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert said at a news briefing.
The comments come during a period of heightened tensions between Washington and Moscow.
She had been asked during a regular news briefing about a new BuzzFeed report appearing to reveal diplomatic documents showing that Russian Federation sought a reset in relations with the USA during the third month of the Donald Trump administration.Читайте также: Oil market moving back into balance: IEA
Broader disagreement between the United States and Russian Federation involve allegations by USA security agencies of Russia's interference in the 2016 US president election; sanctions imposed by Western powers against Moscow for its annexation of Ukraine's Crimea Peninsula and its support for separatist forces in eastern Ukraine; and disputes over strategies to deal with Syria and North Korea.
Nauert also noted that Ambassador Joseph Yun, the USA special representative for North Korean policy, was in Moscow on Tuesday for talks with Russian officials about efforts to curb Pyongyang's nuclear and missile programs.
Nauert noted that U.S. Undersecretary of State Thomas Shannon met recently in Helsinki with his Russian counterpart, Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov. She, however, said that Tillerson would see the move as unnecessary.
The Russian Foreign Ministry said on September 11 that the talks focused on the "forced closure" of Russia's Consulate in San Francisco and the "illegitimate seizure" of trade annexes in Washington and NY. She also said that the US and Russian Federation had worked together to enact new pressure on North Korea at the United Nations.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- OM: Dugarry implore Evra d'arrêter sa carrière, "le bluff est terminé"
- Macron, Johnson visit hurricane-hit Caribbean
- Lady Gaga hopes her documentary creates awareness about fibromyalgia
- European Union promises legal action against Poland judicial reform
- Sanctions on Kim Jong-un regime just a small step, claims US
- Two cranes collapse in Miami from Irma's howling winds
- UN Security Council unanimously adopts North Korea sanctions
- Canal Seine-Nord : les collectivités locales veulent reprendre la main
- L'ouragan Irma atteint Cuba
- Feyenoord fired up for City challenge