The number of students achieving top marks in the Junior Certificate has fallen this year.
ASTI President Ger Curtin has sent a message of congratulations to all of the students receiving their Junior Certificate results today. Students in English will receive grades such as Distinction, Higher Merit and Merit as opposed to A, B, C grades. Fifty-four received 11 As and 240 got 10.
Only four students obtained a grade A or its new equivalent in the Junior Cycle in 12 subjects compared with ten students a year ago.
The HSE have also issued a warning that "alcohol should play no part in celebrations".
Jean-Claude Juncker warns Britain over Brexit - 'You will regret it'
Twelve months later, that cloud is still there, and the European Union continues to be beset by a variety of problems. Europe, he insisted, "is not a fortress and must never become one".
"I think young people are more aware of their diet in general and they know what's in food and drink, whether it's fizzy drinks or alcohol, they're more aware than I was growing up".
They're being handed out in schools around the country this morning before becoming available online in the afternoon. "The Leaving Cert's Class of 2017 were the first to be graded using a new 1-8 scale, which reduced the pressure of the points race and encouraged more to take up higher-level papers".
- Coutinho could return against Sevilla, Klopp confirms
- Watch the Best Celebrations from Week 1 Including Stafon Diggs' MNF Show
- 100 prisonniers dangereux s'évadent d'une prison — Ouragan Irma
- Chelsea star Cesc Fabregas reacts to Qarabag Champions League hammering
- Volkswagen présente l'ID CROZZ II — Salon de Francfort
- 'Leave Britney alone' guy celebrates 10 year anniversary
- Remembering Sept. 11, 2001: America under attack
- Evaluate Stock's Volatility before Making Any Investment Decision: 3M Company (MMM)
- Fortnite is Getting a Battle Royale Mode
- Airtel dials up SK Telecom for newer tech