The number of students achieving top marks in the Junior Certificate has fallen this year.
ASTI President Ger Curtin has sent a message of congratulations to all of the students receiving their Junior Certificate results today. Students in English will receive grades such as Distinction, Higher Merit and Merit as opposed to A, B, C grades. Fifty-four received 11 As and 240 got 10.
Only four students obtained a grade A or its new equivalent in the Junior Cycle in 12 subjects compared with ten students a year ago.
The HSE have also issued a warning that "alcohol should play no part in celebrations".
Archbishop Tutu slams Suu Kyi over Rohingya crisis
Nevertheless, the committee has said it only awards people for the roles and does not revoke for their actions afterwards. Myanmar may be mishandling the Rohingya issue but its complexity should not be downplayed by critics.
"I think young people are more aware of their diet in general and they know what's in food and drink, whether it's fizzy drinks or alcohol, they're more aware than I was growing up".
They're being handed out in schools around the country this morning before becoming available online in the afternoon. "The Leaving Cert's Class of 2017 were the first to be graded using a new 1-8 scale, which reduced the pressure of the points race and encouraged more to take up higher-level papers".
- Power restored to more than 500000 in Georgia since Irma
- Priyanka Chopra SLAMS Meghan Markle's recent interview over Prince Harry
- 100 prisonniers dangereux s'évadent d'une prison — Ouragan Irma
- Philadelphia Eagles vs Kansas City Chiefs odds
- Le Season Pass de Star Wars Battlefront offert
- Volkswagen présente l'ID CROZZ II — Salon de Francfort
- Fortnite is Getting a Battle Royale Mode
- Stan Lee's Original Title for X-Men Was 'The Mutants'
- Evaluate Stock's Volatility before Making Any Investment Decision: 3M Company (MMM)
- "Les approches de l'OM ont été faibles" — Gnagnon