The British government, a principal backer of Saudi Arabia, refused attempts by the Netherlands previous year for an independent inquiry - leading to the the Netherlands' proposal being watered down to suggest the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) dispatch a mission to monitor Yemen.
"We have no objection to the inquiry itself, we just have a discussion about the timing, whether this is the right time to establish an worldwide commission, with the difficulties on the ground", said Al-Wasil.
Saudi Arabia's ambassador to the United Nations on Wednesday questioned the timing of an global inquiry into rights violations in Yemen, saying "conditions on the ground" would hamper the investigation.
"We are working together to hopefully come to a compromise", he said.
Philippine chief justice denies impeachment allegations
A total of 30 lawmakers voted that the Gadon complaint was sufficient in form, while only four lawmakers voted against it. And so the complaint is deemed insufficient in form and therefore dismissed for the same reason", Umali said.
Saudi Arabia has said that the "timing" is wrong to establish an worldwide investigation into human rights abuses and war crimes in Yemen, where massive civilian casualties and a cholera epidemic resulting from the Saudi-led coalition's bombing has led to what the United Nations has called a "humanitarian crisis" in the gulf country.
Zeid said on Monday there had been only "minimal" efforts at holding people to account in what the United Nations has branded the world's worst humanitarian crisis.
The consistent shelling of Yemen by the coalition has resulted in massive, unprecedented infrastructure damage, which has led to enormous numbers of casualties from malnutrition and disease in addition to deaths caused directly by the bombing itself.
Yemen has remained in a state of war since 2014, when the Houthis and their allies overran much of the country, including capital Sanaa, forcing Hadi's government to set up a provisional capital in the coastal city of Aden.
- The Viacom Inc. (VIAB) Upgraded by Barrington Research to "Outperform"
- Apple iPhone X malfunctions at launch
- Un nouveau tatouage jusqu'aux fesses pour Coeur de Pirate
- Priyanka Chopra SLAMS Meghan Markle's recent interview over Prince Harry
- UK Government seizes Dawood Ibrahim's assets
- Archbishop Tutu slams Suu Kyi over Rohingya crisis
- Iran detains Islamic State group leader near Tehran
- Merck & Company, Inc. (MRK) Stake Raised by AE Wealth Management LLC
- Stan Lee's Original Title for X-Men Was 'The Mutants'
- Remembering Sept. 11, 2001: America under attack