Psyonix has announced that a brand new Rocket League update is coming later this month on September 28, and will bring with it a new arena, the start of competitive season 6, and a bunch of new customization options.
Meanwhile, the studio also went ahead and unveiled some interesting projects that it is working on implementing to the game following the Autumn Update. Second, is a new "Tournaments" system that allows players to create and compete in their own tournaments inside the game client.
On Psyonix's blog, the developer talks about their intention to launch a beta for a Tournament Mode by the end of 2017, an idea dating back to the game's launch in 2015. However, Tournaments will launch on all platforms in a future 2018 update.
Along with a Tournaments Beta before the year is done, we will also be testing a new Party System that we're building directly into Rocket League. For those wondering why the beta is "PC-only", it's because Steam allows us to make changes and collect performance feedback more rapidly than any other platform. When finished, this new system will allow you to party up directly via PsyNet instead of the party systems now used through Steam, Xbox Live, or the PlayStation Network.
Judge tells Uber to hand over key document to Waymo
The board saw an overview version of the document after Waymo sued, but they still haven't laid eyes on the complete report. Waymo has sought the document for months, saying it could shed light on what Uber executives knew of Levandowski's actions.
While the PsyNet Party System is Steam-only, this is the first step in enabling the possibility of supporting cross-platform parties at a later date.
Once your account is flagged for the new Party system, your game will automatically sync with your Steam Friends List information and allow you to create a party via PsyNet.
Furthermore a new Events system will be added to Rocket League which gives players the chance to earn additional customisations for their cars.
Psyonix also shared some more information regarding the new Events system that will be arriving in the Autumn Update. Using a new item called the 'Decryptor, ' (obtained as drops after online matches) players will be able to unlock any unopened Crate in their inventory without having to purchase a Key.
- Intex Aqua 5.5 VR+ launched in India at Rs 5799
- Nigeria unlikely to join OPEC cuts before March -oil minister
- DUP set to back Labour motion on NHS pay cap
- InFocus Turbo 5 Launched in India with 5000mAh battery, fingerprint sensor
- New record for jobs in eurozone
- New plastic £10 note already on sale on eBay before official release
- Illegal border crossing case against Saakashvili set for September 18
- Le Parlement irakien rejette le référendum pour l'indépendance du nord de l'Irak
- Trading Indicator Watch on Shares of Hospitality Properties Trust (HPT)
- Matrimony.com subscribed 1.36 times on Day 2