A group has covered the statue of Thomas Jefferson on the University of Virginia campus, according to WVIR.
Dozens turned out with Black Lives Matter signs around 8 p.m. Tuesday. They chanted as the statue of Thomas Jefferson was covered by a black tarp. Student and community members were demanding justice and equality.
North Korea is trying to amass a bitcoin war chest
Hackers tied to North Korea are also suspected of carrying out a series of attacks on global banks that came to light past year . The rose 1.05% and the Kospi in South Korea posted 0.12% gain.
The demands also included a call to "remove the Confederate plaques on the Rotunda" and balance the university's "historical landscape".
Thomas Jefferson was the third USA president, the main writer of the 1776 Declaration of Independence and the founder of the University of Virginia.
- Spanish court blocks Catalonia's second law on referendum
- Danielle Lloyd welcomes baby boy
- Chelsea 6-0 Qarabag
- UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador Priyanka Chopra visits Syrian refugees camp in Jordan
- Henri Leconte aux Bleus : "Faites-nous rêver"
- Top Dems Say Flynn left Mideast Trip off Security Clearance
- Fast Growing Stock in Focus: Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ)
- Dame Kiri Te Kanawa: I won't sing in public again
- Les professionnelles du jeu vidéo français s'unissent
- Ian Paterson: Spire Healthcare to pay out £27m to victims