On the 16th anniversary of the attacks, Trump's first as president, he observed a moment of silence at a White House before laying a wreath and delivering remarks at the Pentagon, where 184 people died.
At the Pentagon, Trump will receive "a comprehensive picture of the terrorist threat environment and what we're doing to counter it from his senior officials on 9/11", Homeland Security adviser Tom Bossert said on Friday.
Moments of silence were held for the nearly 3,000 people killed when hijackers crashed planes into the World Trade Centre, the Pentagon and a field in Pennsylvania. "I hope as we commemorate the 16th anniversary of 9-11, everyone will stop for a moment and remember all the people who gave their lives that day".
"Our eyes were opened to the depths of the evil we face but in that hour of darkness we also came together with renewed objective". "The sacificed grounds on which we stand today are a monument to our national unity and to our strength".
Mr. Trump also while commiserating with the families of victims said, "The horror and anguish of that dark day were sealed into our nation's history forever". They then bowed their heads and stood silently before placing their hands on their hearts as a bugler played "Taps".
While honoring 9/11 victims, survivors and first responders, Trump also shared his thoughts and prayers to those in the path of Hurricane Irma and those still recovering from Hurricane Harvey.
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated
Grantham Mayo Van Otterloo & Co Limited Liability Co stated it has 0% of its portfolio in Cheesecake Factory Inc (NASDAQ: CAKE ). Fine Capital Partners Lp decreased Tronox Ltd (NYSE:TROX) stake by 299,342 shares to 5.06 million valued at $52.19M in 2016Q4.
The moment of silence was also observed at the World Trade Center in NY, the Pentagon, and a field near Shanksville, Pa., where one of three planes hijacked by Islamic militants crashed out of a almost cloudless early-autumn sky.
Trump offered prayers to those affected by the storms.
He added that when America is united "no force on earth can break us apart".
Two other planes hit and destroyed the World Trade Center, and a fourth crashed in rural Pennsylvania when passengers overpowered the hijackers.
"The objective of that is to give the president a sense of the terrorist threat globally and to the homeland", said Tom Bossert, Trump's homeland security adviser.
- Barcelona's Sagrada Familia evacuated in false alarm
- Delta Air Lines Inc. (DAL) Position Maintained by DnB Asset Management AS
- DaddyOFive couple gets probation for YouTube 'pranks' on kids
- Angry Chile fans demand Alexis Sanchez leaves his girlfriend
- Does $31.55 justifies The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (GT) shares?
- Damn, Rami Malek Makes a Shockingly Convincing Freddie Mercury
- California Bill Would Bar Landlords from Reporting Illegal Aliens
- Bristol piano man quits playing after being punched in the head
- Texas has largest health coverage gap despite 2016 drop in uninsured
- Bandhan Bank appoints merchant bankers for IPO