Formula 1 CEO Chase Carey is confident of soon reaching a deal to extend the Singapore GP's presence on the F1 calendar beyond 2017.
But the race, which takes place on a floodlit street circuit that winds its way through the heart of Singapore against a backdrop of glittering skyscrapers, remains one of the most popular and glamorous on the 20-round calendar.
F1 chief executive Carey said on Wednesday: "We are actively engaged with our partners".
The ongoing talk about the cancellation of hosting the Formula One race at Singapore arose past year when the former Chairman Bernie Ecclestone said that they were thinking about to stop the race after 2017. "We're proud of the race, we have a good relationship and our goal is to get to a place where we build on that partnership long-term". Although the new Chairman Carey did not reveal their contract extension plans to media during a conference at the Ritz Carlton Hotel, Singapore, he definitely has no intention to exclude the night race out of the schedule list.
North Korea sanctions 'not a big deal'
The newspaper said a "dedicated ferry line" was launched between Russia's Far East and North Korea to accommodate heavy traffic. Geng said that China "hopes that the contents of Resolution 2375 can be implemented in a comprehensive and complete manner".
"We're having positive discussions and it's certainly our goal to iron out a deal that works for both of us", Carey said.
Singapore is set to celebrate its 10th anniversary of hosting F1 after the sport arrived for its maiden race under the floodlights in 2008 while this year's race is the last under its current deal.
"We have the week-long events with the race as the centre, plus we talk about having destination races and Singapore is that as well".
- Ramsey And Özil Rested For Europa League Clash
- Valtteri Bottas signs new Mercedes deal for 2018
- Cassini spacecraft's incredible photos of Saturn, rings & moons
- Coutinho could return against Sevilla, Klopp confirms
- Japan's 'Babe Ruth' Shohei Otani wants to pitch in Major League Baseball next season
- Houses more affordable across half of United Kingdom now than in 2007
- Les routiers seront en grève à partir du 25 septembre
- Evaluate Stock's Volatility before Making Any Investment Decision: 3M Company (MMM)
- Le Drian évoque une reprise du dialogue entre gouvernement et opposition — Venezuela
- Kenya's repeat election: Good for democracy or bad?