About 750 victims of rogue breast surgeon Ian Paterson are to be paid compensation from a new £37m fund.
The fund will be paid for by the company and the insurers of Ian Paterson, the company said.
Paterson, originally from Glasgow, was jailed for 20 years after he was found guilty in April at Nottingham Crown Court of 17 counts of wounding with intent. Spire Healthcare's contribution will be 27.2 million pounds ($36.10 million).
In August, he had his 15-year jail term increased to 20 years after the Appeal Court ruled his term was too lenient.
Spire Healthcare, which runs private hospitals across the United Kingdom, will contribute £27.2m to the fund, which is meant to halt legal proceedings by patients against the group and account for any new claims.
Hyde Park man critically wounded in Boston Common shooting
Emerson College did advise its students on campus to go to the nearest room, lock the doors and silence their phones. A 19-year-old man from Hyde Park is fighting for his life after a shooting on the Boston Common Tuesday evening.
More than 500 of Paterson's private patients had been due to take their case to the High Court next month.
Simon Gordon, interim chief executive at Spire, said: "Earlier this year a criminal court decided that Ian Paterson must bear responsibility for his actions, finding him guilty of assaulting a number of his patients".
"As soon as the criminal trial ended we were able to start liaising with claimants' lawyers to broker a settlement involving all defendants".
The NHS has been forced to pay out nearly £10m in compensation to more than 250 of Paterson's patients who were subjected to unnecessary breast operations.
He also carried out hundreds of unnecessary operations on NHS patients.
- Marseille, Rudi Garcia fragilisé ?
- Marcelo prolonge jusqu'en 2022 — DERNIÈRE MINUTE
- Spanish court blocks Catalonia's second law on referendum
- Army Denies Invading Kanu's Home
- Nintendo Makes a Much-Needed Change to Online Voice Chat
- Top Dems Say Flynn left Mideast Trip off Security Clearance
- Apple hikes iPad Pro prices by $50 following iPhone announcement event
- Big Mouth: Puberty gets animated on Nick Kroll's new comedy
- Centene Corporation (NYSE:CNC) Shares Bought by Aviva PLC
- Serena Williams Introduces Newborn Daughter To The World