We're introducing new monetization eligibility standards that will provide clearer guidance around the types of publishers and creators eligible to earn money on Facebook, and the kind of content that can be monetized.
These standards would apply to ad placements where context could matter, Everson wrote in the post, timed to coincide with an appearance on Wednesday by Facebook's Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg at dmexco, a major digital marketing gathering in Cologne, Germany.
Facebook has faced criticism from marketers that digital ads distributed to its more than 2 billion monthly active users were not reaching their intended audience, were not being adequately tracked, and in some cases were being placed with content detrimental to the brands being promoted.
On Wednesday, Facebook said it would seek accreditation from the Media Ratings Council, a US non-profit organisation, for audience measurement services.Читайте также: Israeli forces shoot, injure Palestinian in West Bank
Advertisers have expressed growing concern that their brands and advertising dollars are being used to bolster objectionable content. "That's critical to their success and ours", she wrote. "We're working hard to roll things out that give you more control over where your ads run, and more knowledge about where your ads run, before, during and after campaign". It's a move that is created to keep the social network relatively family friendly, and Facebook also wants to address advertiser concerns about the type of content their ads appear next to.
Among categories of content that could be left outside the ad ecosystem: depictions of death, casualties and physical injuries in tragic situations like disasters; incendiary, inflammatory and disparaging content; and "family entertainment characters engaged in violent, sexualized, or otherwise inappropriate behavior".
Germany is one of Facebook's toughest critics on hate speech and privacy. Its parliament passed a law in June to introduce fines of up to 50 million euros ($60 million) for social media networks if they fail to remove hateful postings promptly. "With a community as large as Facebook, however, zero tolerance can not mean zero occurrence".При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- WWE provides a brief update on Vince McMahon
- Tour du Danemark | Casper Pedersen remporte en solitaire la première étape
- Ludhiana: Thousands protest killings of Rohingyas in Myanmar
- Juncker outlines his ambitions for post-Brexit Europe
- Fast Growing Stock in Focus: Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ)
- Protest at UVA Rotunda with students demanding justice and equality
- Raveena Tandon's unbelievable transformation will leave you shocked
- Bell Pottinger officially collapses into administration
- Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina Colleges Close for Irma
- Vincent Cerutti furieux contre Closer: "C'est à vomir"