A suicide bomber blew himself up at a checkpoint near the main cricket stadium in the Afghan capital Kabul on Wednesday, killing at least three people as a tournament was under way, officials said.
The explosion occurred at about 3.45pm on Wednesday afternoon.
A security source confirmed that two security personnel in a check post located close to the stadium lost their lives in the attack and some others including security personnel and civilians were wounded.
The match was stopped immediately.
Watch the Best Celebrations from Week 1 Including Stafon Diggs' MNF Show
The week 2 matchups to keep your eye on include the Vikings at Steelers, the Cowboys at Broncos and the Packers at Falcons . The Bengals play on Thursday night this week and will likely rely on the running game to carry the offense against Houston.
There were no immediate details on the casualties but Tolo News Television quoted the Afghan Cricket Board as saying all players were safe.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Shpageeza Cricket League season kicked off on Monday and is scheduled to run through to September 22 at the Kabul International Cricket Stadium.
- Volkswagen présente l'ID CROZZ II — Salon de Francfort
- Philippine chief justice denies impeachment allegations
- Volkswagen et Mercedes-Benz misent pleinement sur l'électrique
- Stan Lee's Original Title for X-Men Was 'The Mutants'
- Shas MK Yigal Guetta resigns amid gay wedding controversy
- State treasurer tells lawmakers - No More Borrowing
- Un nouveau tatouage jusqu'aux fesses pour Coeur de Pirate
- Airtel dials up SK Telecom for newer tech
- Supreme Court Justice Stays Appeals Court Ruling Limiting Trump Travel Ban
- Merck & Company, Inc. (MRK) Stake Raised by AE Wealth Management LLC