At least two Egyptian soldiers and five militants were killed on Wednesday when security forces foiled a terror operation in the restive North Sinai Province bordering Israel and the Palestinian Gaza Strip, the Egyptian military said.
"One of the extremists wearing an explosives belt attempted to break into a military checkpoint, but the forces were alert and they killed him and directly dealt with his fellows", Military Spokesman Tamer al-Refaay said in a statement.
Security officials said the attack took place just outside the border town of Rafah and that the two conscripts died when the suicide bomber blew himself up.
Galaxy S8, S8+ to get Google mobile OS v8.0 soon
Even though Android Oreo has not been around for very long, a major bug has already been discovered. It was widely believed that the Nokia 9 will be based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat , until today.
The incident comes two days after 18 security personnel were killed when their vehicles struck a series of roadside bombs in northeastern Sinai.
The Velayat Sinai militant group, which is an affiliate of the Daesh Takfiri terrorist group, has claimed responsibility for most of the assaults.
Egypt's Sinai Peninsula has remained the epicenter of a deadly militant insurgency since mid-2013, when Mohamed Morsi, Egypt's first freely-elected president, was ousted and imprisoned in a bloody military coup.
- France: un banal contrôle conduit la police à saisir trois millions d'euros
- New Shanghai Shenhua boss Wu Jingui: Tevez won't play while overweight
- 10000 evacuated from Moscow public spaces over bomb threats
- Australian man has given his apricot kernels to prevent prostate cancer
- How to know if you were affected by the Equifax breach
- Marcelo cements future to Real by signing new deal
- Quel est le niveau de vie des Français ?
- Le procès des journalistes de Cumhuriyet vire à l'absurde — Turquie
- Interdire le portable au collège: difficilement faisable selon les parents d'élèves
- Liga MX dio minuto de silencio por damnificados del sismo