The Belgium worldwide took another significant step towards full fitness after suffering a broken ankle at the end of last season in the win over Qarabag, coming on as a 58th minute substitute to add to the 12 minutes he played against Leicester on Saturday.
It was an uncomfortable introduction to the Champions League group stage for Qarabag, the defensively feeble Azerbaijan champions who first conceded after five minutes when Pedro Rodriguez bent the ball past Sehic. In my past sometimes before a Champions League game I could rest players.
Eden Hazard made his second substitute appearance for Chelsea of the season after his broken ankle, but Conte said it was too soon to say whether the Belgium playmaker would start on Sunday against Arsenal.
The Premier League champions face the added challenge this season of playing again in Europe and, while a 6-0 win against debutants Qarabag clearly only gave a minimal indication of their strength, Conte said that he was now sure of his players. "To score many goals, to win and to have a clean sheet - I saw a lot of positive things tonight", Conte said. It's not easy to totally change your sporting life in one week, but the answer was very good.
The Azeris, who have won their domestic championship for the last four years, were given little room and time to produce their best football.
China plans switch to bioethanol fuel by 2020
Corn-to-ethanol programs began in 2004, but use of grain for ethanol production was banned in 2007 as a food security issue. The NEA gave no indication what level of ethanol would be required, but Xinhua said it would be 10 per cent.
"Davide Zappacosta played a really good game tonight but he must continue to work to improve", Conte said in his post-match analysis. For the first game in the Champions League, I chose to start with rotation.
Just like Zappacosta, Tiemoue Bakayoko marked his Champions League debut for Chelsea with a goal in the 71st minute after coming off the bench.
"We must be calm and to do the best for the player and for the team".
"We have to be on top, and as the coach says eat well and sleep well, and try to recover well for Sunday".
'Otherwise we risk bad injury and delaying the situation. We have a lot of games to play this season. Chelsea played very good.
- Ian Paterson: Spire Healthcare to pay out £27m to victims
- Raveena Tandon's unbelievable transformation will leave you shocked
- Kathie Lee Gifford's Mother Joan Epstein Has Passed Away
- Chelsea crush debutants Qarabag on return to Europe
- Henri Leconte aux Bleus : "Faites-nous rêver"
- Marriott Rescue Ship for Guests Only, Others Left in Irma's Wake
- Centene Corporation (NYSE:CNC) Shares Bought by Aviva PLC
- Microsoft admet avoir un problème avec les jeux
- North Korea is trying to amass a bitcoin war chest
- 'Grenfell tragedy means sprinkler campaign will leap forward', says Jim Fitzpatrick MP