Controversial public relations firm Bell Pottinger has closed its Twitter account after filing for administration.
"Following an immediate assessment of the financial position, the administrators have made a number of redundancies", accountants BDO said.
That followed the UK's PR trade body's decision the day before to expel Bell Pottinger from its ranks, despite chief James Henderson's previous decision to stand down from his post.
Bell Pottinger, which is based in London, has lost customers, partners and its second-biggest shareholder in recent weeks.
Trop gros, Carlos Tevez ne joue plus malgré son salaire historique — Chine
Je dois prendre la responsabilité de l'équipe et des joueurs. "J'ai discuté tactique avec lui aujourd'hui". Un manque de professionnalisme malhonnête pour un joueur qui touche 40M€ par saison.
With the inflammatory slogan "white monopoly capital" running on a Gupta-owned television channel, the country's main opposition party, the Democratic Alliance, complained that Bell Pottinger was seeking to "divide and conquer" the public.
Such was the public outcry that on 5 September its second biggest shareholder, Chime, which was owned by United States firm Providence and Sir Martin Sorrell's WPP, handed back its 27% stake for free - in a radical move to distance itself from the embattled agency.
He said: "The majority of those employed by Bell Pottinger bear no responsibility for the company's actions in South Africa".
"The level of those losses, compounded by the inability of the business to win new clients, was such that remaining management were left with no option but to commence the process to place all UK Bell Pottinger entities into administration", BDO was quoted by The Guardian as saying".
- Danielle Lloyd welcomes baby boy
- Is Trade the Solution to the North Korea Problem?
- Henri Leconte aux Bleus : "Faites-nous rêver"
- Microsoft admet avoir un problème avec les jeux
- Israeli forces shoot, injure Palestinian in West Bank
- Les professionnelles du jeu vidéo français s'unissent
- UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador Priyanka Chopra visits Syrian refugees camp in Jordan
- Nick Clegg and wife Miriam reveal their teenage son has battled cancer
- Raveena Tandon's unbelievable transformation will leave you shocked
- North Korea is trying to amass a bitcoin war chest