Controversial public relations firm Bell Pottinger has closed its Twitter account after filing for administration.
"Following an immediate assessment of the financial position, the administrators have made a number of redundancies", accountants BDO said.
That followed the UK's PR trade body's decision the day before to expel Bell Pottinger from its ranks, despite chief James Henderson's previous decision to stand down from his post.
Bell Pottinger, which is based in London, has lost customers, partners and its second-biggest shareholder in recent weeks.
Henri Leconte aux Bleus : "Faites-nous rêver"
Ce n'est pas possible qu'ils s'offrent un titre du Grand Chelem; ils ne s'entraînent pas, ne font pas d'efforts..." - d'aucuns montrent les dents.
With the inflammatory slogan "white monopoly capital" running on a Gupta-owned television channel, the country's main opposition party, the Democratic Alliance, complained that Bell Pottinger was seeking to "divide and conquer" the public.
Such was the public outcry that on 5 September its second biggest shareholder, Chime, which was owned by United States firm Providence and Sir Martin Sorrell's WPP, handed back its 27% stake for free - in a radical move to distance itself from the embattled agency.
He said: "The majority of those employed by Bell Pottinger bear no responsibility for the company's actions in South Africa".
"The level of those losses, compounded by the inability of the business to win new clients, was such that remaining management were left with no option but to commence the process to place all UK Bell Pottinger entities into administration", BDO was quoted by The Guardian as saying".
- Fast Growing Stock in Focus: Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ)
- Airbus: a finalisé une commande avec Cathay Pacific
- Pet owners facing charges for abandoning animals in Hurricane Irma
- Halimah Yacob première présidente du pays — Singapour
- Vincent Cerutti furieux contre Closer: "C'est à vomir"
- 'Grenfell tragedy means sprinkler campaign will leap forward', says Jim Fitzpatrick MP
- Raveena Tandon's unbelievable transformation will leave you shocked
- Is Trade the Solution to the North Korea Problem?
- Accused admits marriage proposal reason behind Chandini Jain's murder
- Ederson returns to Manchester City training wearing protective helmet