Amazon announced last week that it will spend $5 billion on the construction and operation of its new location called Amazon HQ2.
Boston's lower cost of living as compared to other cities being weighed is also said to provide it with an advantage.
Boston isn't a completely out-of-left-field pick.
Protest at UVA Rotunda with students demanding justice and equality
A group has covered the statue of Thomas Jefferson on the University of Virginia campus, according to WVIR . They chanted as the statue of Thomas Jefferson was covered by a black tarp.
So far, Boston's response to possibly landing Amazon has been restrained.
"Amazon is a big opportunity that Boston has to review", Walsh said in a statement. "I think it has to be: is Boston the right fit for Amazon and is Amazon the right fit for Boston?"
"Bloomberg is incorrect - there are no front-runners at this point", the company tweeted.
The new facility would require as many as 50,000 full-time workers.
- Pet owners facing charges for abandoning animals in Hurricane Irma
- Israeli forces shoot, injure Palestinian in West Bank
- Dame Kiri Te Kanawa: I won't sing in public again
- Kathie Lee Gifford's Mother Joan Epstein Has Passed Away
- Henri Leconte aux Bleus : "Faites-nous rêver"
- Nick Clegg and wife Miriam reveal their teenage son has battled cancer
- Airbus: a finalisé une commande avec Cathay Pacific
- Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina Colleges Close for Irma
- Accused admits marriage proposal reason behind Chandini Jain's murder
- Air Canada latest with B737 MAX transatlantic service