HISTORY announced Tuesday that they had officially ordered 20 episodes for a sixth season of the seafaring epic.
Star Katheryn Winnick will also direct an episode in season 6, it's been confirmed. Vikings season 6 will have 20 episodes with one directed by Winnick. The season 5 cast includes Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Bishop Heahmun along with Winnick, Gustaf Skarsgård (Floki), Alexander Ludwig (Bjorn), Alex Høgh Andersen (Ivar the Boneless), Jordan Smith (Ubbe) and Marco Ilso (Hvitserk).
Production on Season 6 is scheduled to start in the fall in Ireland, "Vikings'" home base.
With the upcoming season of Vikings set to be it's biggest yet, with the series diverging from Ragnar's story to focus on his band of sons, it's no surprise that Eli Lehrer, History's executive vice president of programming, is excited to see the series expanding to forty episodes over the next two seasons.
Kulbhushan Jadhav case: ICJ to resume hearing today
New Delhi will highlight the denial of consular access to Kulbhushan Jadhav, a brazen violation of the Vienna Convention. Pakistan disputes India's allegations and claims it arrested Jadhav from its restive Balochistan province.
Vikings is an global Irish/Canadian co-production by World 2000 and Take 5 Productions. It is also a top-five drama across ad supported cable and averaged 4.1 million total viewers last season in Live+7. It is produced in association with Corus Entertainment.
"It has been my pleasure and my privilege to work with History and our partner MGM over five seasons and 69 episodes of "Vikings".
"Vikings has creatively sailed to monumental lengths". There are many reasons why I love this show, not least for the commitment and creativity of everyone involved in making it, but perhaps even more important is the spirit that drives this production - one of the happiest, most collaborative and most authentic productions I have ever been involved with.
Created and written by Michael Hirst (Elizabeth, The Tudors), Vikings is a family saga that follows the lives and adventures of the raiders and explorers of the Dark Ages. "We look forward to continuing our partnership with one of the greatest writers in this era of Peak TV and entertaining our viewers with 40 new episodes over the next two seasons". "And so we sail on".
- Target Corporation (TGT) Shares Sold by Daiwa Securities Group Inc
- Florida governor: 76K people without power
- Almost 540000 ordered to flee Georgia coast ahead of Irma
- Police ask to use pepper spray ahead of Berkeley protests
- Olive Garden Has A New 'Pasta Passport' And Yes, It Involves Travel
- USA diplomatic tiff with Russian Federation should not be escalated: State Department
- Cuba counts the cost of deadly Hurricane Irma
- Now you will able to delete sent messages from your friend's WhatsApp
- Katia weakens to tropical depression over Mexico
- Are Yankees going to win another at Rays? MLB Predictions 9/12/17