NOAA's National Hurricane Center issued a Public Advisory due to the presence of Hurricane Jose over the western Atlantic Ocean. It's always a bit unsafe having a hurricane hanging around, and given the propensity for this particular storm to buck forecast trends, Jose is certainly worthy of the attention.
Harvey and Irma may be winding down, but another hurricane brewing in the Atlantic has the potential to impact the East Coast next week.
At 8:00am, the eye of Hurricane Jose was located near latitude 21.2 North, longitude 65.3 West. Jose is moving toward the northwest near 16 mph (26 km/h) and this general motion is expected to continue over the next 24 hours.
"Jose is expected to remain between Bermuda and Hispaniola for the next several days but then eventually move westward late this week and then more northward this weekend", Mr Kottlowski said. As of Tuesday morning, Jose was a low-end Category 1, and could weaken further into a tropical storm. Based on Monday morning's GFS model forecast, there is a 25% chance the storm will hit the U.S., 25% chance it will hit Canada, and 50% chance it will spin back out to sea.
No coastal watches or warnings are in effect.
The future path of Hurricane Jose remains uncertain
During that time, Jose will be moving generally westward then more northward.
He also said many of them have Jose going back out to sea.
There will be a noticeable breeze from the east on Monday night and Tuesday, but gusts will only top out at 20 miles per hour. He said calculations that measure strength and duration show the three current Atlantic storms set a one-day record for energy on Friday.
NHS told to brace itself for bad flu season
Flu could put much more pressure than usual on Global Positioning System and hospitals this winter, health bosses are predicting. But he insisted measures were being taken to ensure the NHS was prepared.
- State Sues North Texas Gas Stations Accused of Price Gouging
- CJP constitutes five-judge bench to hear review appeals of Sharif family
- Could Apple Inc. (JRS) Increase Even More? The Stock Formed Multiple Top
- DowDuPont Tweaks Breakup Plan; Stock Set To Break Out To Buy
- 'I'm An Idiot': Pewdiepie Apologizes For Saying N-Word On Stream
- US warned storm could LOOP BACK towards east coast
- Plane crashes into tree after takeoff
- PM calls Trump to try to save United Kingdom aviation jobs
- Northern Ireland manager O'Neill held on suspicion of drink-driving
- Après Instant Articles, Facebook teste Instant Video