Nasa on Tuesday said President Uhuru Kenyatta had conceded defeat following his declaration that Jubilee would impeach the coalition's flagbearer Raila Odinga if he wins the repeat poll.
"Now, we are putting it squarely to you that the Supreme Court of this country has found you incompetent", said Kalonzo Musyoka, running mate of Kenyatta's presidential rival Raila Odinga.
He said they will now go out and vigorously campaign for Uhuru and urged PNU members across the Country to do the same.
The court said that election, won by Kenyatta, was tainted due to "irregularities and illegalities" in the transmission of vote counts.
He did not elaborate the reasons that would lead to the impeachment.
Kenyatta says Jubilee, which has most members in both houses of parliament, can make amendments to the constitution based on its numbers.
La nouvelle Apple TV compatible 4k et HDR annoncée
Bonne nouvelle: les contenus précédemment achetés sur iTunes seront mis à jour au format 4K automatiquement, sans surcoût. Les précommandes débutent le 15 septembre, pour une sortie le 22.
A few kilometers away from parliament, in the Nairobi slum of Kibera, opposition leader Raila Odinga maintained his position that the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission must be fixed. "We will pass bills in the National Assembly and in the Senate", he said.
The first election - won by President Uhuru Kenyatta - was overturned by the Supreme Court, which concluded September 1 that the vote hadn't been conducted in accordance with the constitution.
"We have to tell Kenyans the truth".
The Nigerian Supreme Court will do well to learn from the Kenyan example, to restore faith in the judiciary and the justice delivery sector, in general. The Supreme Court's 60-day deadline for new elections is too short.
It is a matter of concern for us at the NIG that, in Nigeria the courts have not displayed the forthrightness and fearlessness, especially in presidential elections, as demonstrated in Kenya, even when the facts appear simple and straight-forward, to the dismay of litigants. Even with credible elections, however, the chances of a destabilizing political crisis in Kenya grow more dire by the day.
- Cops: Woman shoots homeless man for asking her to move her Porsche
- Dolphins plea to move London game to Miami rejected
- Kid Rock responds to protests against his concerts
- Comcast's X1 set-top box gets a YouTube app with voice control
- Quand le Républicain Ted Cruz like un tweet pornographique
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Francfort 2017 : Honda Urban EV Concept
- " Nos années folles ", de guerre lasse
- The best place to be a woman in the United Kingdom is…
- Police examine surveillance video after woman found dead inside Rosemont hotel freezer