"Having fully tested the market, we believe that not only has a significant increase in value for our clubs been achieved, but also the very best deal, with the best partner has been delivered".
In addition, and in what is another first for English football, the EFL will be offering its Clubs the opportunity to live-stream in the United Kingdom and Ireland any league match via their respective iFollow (or equivalent) service that takes place outside the blocked hours of 14.45-17.15 on Saturday afternoons and that is not broadcast live on Sky Sports.
This season, clubs have started live streaming all games, irrespective of kick-off time, to fans overseas via the league's iFollow platform or their in-house equivalent, but that service is not now available in Great Britain.
The EFL deal provides Sky with live sports content as it challenges for rights in Britain with BT Sport.
Letters to the Editor: Middlebury College stands behind DACA students
Most importantly, he said, it's unfair to punish people who were brought here as children without any choice. About a dozen people gathered Monday at a park in Los Banos to rally support for Dreamers in Merced County.
Sky has also secured an increase in the number of EFL games it can air live on its traditional, non-interactive TV channels, from 112 to 150 a season from 2019-20.
Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday fans could soon be able to watch their clubs on Sky more often than ever before.
Announcing the contract today, the EFL said it would receive £600million from the broadcaster as part of the new terms which will see the Championship, Leagues One and Two, the Carabao Cup and Checkatrade Trophy continue to be shown live. This follows similar enhanced deals with Sky Sports becoming the exclusive home of F1 from 2019 for five years, and the only place to see England home cricket and the new domestic T20 competition live through to 2024.
"Viewing of live EFL games grew by 12 per cent year-on-year last season, and is up a further seven per cent so far this season". Any additional midweek games that Sky choose not to broadcast will be streamed via the EFL's iFollow streaming service or through the club's own websites.
- State Sues North Texas Gas Stations Accused of Price Gouging
- Medical marijuana shops get a temporary reprieve from state
- Doctor suspended after 4 patients test positive for Hepatitis C
- Holly Willoughby reveals her weight loss secret on Lorraine
- Police examine surveillance video after woman found dead inside Rosemont hotel freezer
- Offshore wind power is cheaper than new nuclear power in the UK
- Jim Carrey donne une étrange interview pendant la Fashion Week
- NHS told to brace itself for bad flu season
- Le YouTuber star PewDiePie s'excuse après un nouveau dérapage raciste
- The future path of Hurricane Jose remains uncertain