Pilot Manfred Forst was trying to land at Robertson Field Airport in Plainville around 11:30 a.m. Monday when he crashed.
Emergency services were called to the crash on Monday morning local time after the collision occurred in the area of Robertson Airport in CT.
Mr Thayner said it was flying low but then suddenly turned west away from the runway.
Surveillance cameras were rolling as the plane's wings get lodged in tree branches, pulling the plane to the ground.
Interstate Aviation was renting the plane to Forst at the time, police told the paper.
As the plane's right wing becomes entangled in the tree it flips over and lands on the ground
The 1981 Cessna 172 reportedly had a minor fuel leak. Fortunately, the plane didn't have far to fall, letting the pilot off easy with only minor injuries.
He said: 'I knew he had a problem.
He told the news station that he was headed for breakfast when the crash happened and that "he gave his wife a big kiss when he got home", WVIT reported. "It was wavering, it was going very slow", Thayer told the paper. "I'm just so thankful". "I looked up because I heard the plane".
The Federal Aviation Authority has responded to the incident and is conducting an investigation.
James Franco's THE DISASTER ARTIST Gets a New Trailer
James Franco , who steps into the Wiseau role, directed The Disaster Artist from a screenplay by Scott Neustadter & Michael H. Seth Rogen joins as script supervisor Sandy Schklair, whilst Zac Efron stars as "Chris-R" actor, Dan Janjigian.
- OL: Jean-Michel Aulas met la pression sur Genesio
- BlackBerry Priv will not get Android Nougat upgrade
- Liam Neeson Announces Retirement From Action Films
- Northern Ireland manager O'Neill held on suspicion of drink-driving
- Sam Warburton ruled out for four months with neck injury
- Belfort : 6 cas de légionellose, dont un mortel
- Sénégal : Aliou Sall, ce frère de Macky Sall plus puissant que jamais
- Soyinka disagrees with Obasanjo on restructuring
- Star Wars Episode IX : le retour de JJ Abrams
- Secretary Kobach To Helm Second Meeting Of Election Panel