According to the National Hurricane Center, surges cause more United States deaths than any other hurricane-related event. Shot amid surging water and wild winds, their videos offer a raw, moment-by-moment account of what it's like to be caught in the teeth of this massive storm.
The first one was over the Florida Keys, which Irma hit as a Category 4 hurricane. Hurricane-force wind gusts were also quite possible on the east coast of parts of Florida into early Monday, the hurricane center said, thanks to Irma's large wind field. The National Weather Service issued a flash flood warning for the city, with nearby St. Augustine also seeing flooding. "This is an extremely unsafe and life-threatening situation".
This means most people who chose to stay hunkered down at home or in a shelter can expect hurricane-force winds in excess of 74 miles per hour.
Hurricane Irma passed through most of Florida by Monday morning, causing untold damage, and killing at least four in the Sunshine State.
The National Weather Service Greenville-Spartanburg reported sustained winds of at least 40 miles per hour or wind gusts of 58 miles per hour or stronger could occur.
Pékin Express revient sur M6 pour de nouvelles aventures
Ils annoncent également que c'est Stéphane Rotenberg qui reprendra les commandes. On a beaucoup de mal à contenir notre excitation.
Downgraded from a hurricane to a tropical storm, Irma flooded several northern Florida cities with heavy rain and high storm surge on Monday as it headed out of the State after cutting power to millions and ripping roofs off homes.
Time is running out for you to put the finishing touches on your preparations for Hurricane Irma. The causeway between the mainland at Fort Myers and the Sanibel-Captiva islands, which was closed because of the hurricane, was reopened at midday Monday, the Lee County Department of Transportation said.
Then, Irma shifted west and headed toward the other side of the Florida peninsula.
Miami-Dade country imposed a curfew in the region from 7pm as the area sustained relentless torrential rain throughout Sunday.
According to The New York Times, the storm has already left more than one million households in Florida without power.
- Six professeurs visés par une plainte — Gaillac
- Christian Bale Opens Up About Weight Gain For Dick Cheney Role
- There are 3 tropical systems in the Atlantic right now
- Man City hammer Liverpool
- AA and Hastings confirm summer talks over insurance tie-up have ended
- Leicester City to double winger Demarai Gray's wages
- Une bagarre interrompue par Jérôme Le Banner, champion de kick-boxing — Annecy
- Continuous Sitting for Most of the Day May Increase Mortality Risk
- Liverpool target now on Real Madrid radar
- " "Matthieu Delormeau reviendra en " simple " invité le 20 septembre — TPMP