Fuel trucks begun to make deliveries Tuesday morning to gas stations throughout South Florida.
Gas stations throughout Florida experience outages due to the huge spike in gasoline demand prior to the arrival of Irma.
Suppliers "face an uphill battle in the coming days, trying to keep gas stations supplied, as Florida evacuees return home in large numbers after the storm", the release said.
Resupplying gas stations located along major evacuation routs will be a top priority as evacuees return to the state.
"Pay close attention to traffic reports". Do not let your fuel gauge fall below a quarter tank before you start looking for a place to refuel. "It is not safe to drive with a full gas can inside an enclosed vehicle".
It Could Take Days Before Florida's Thirst for Fuel Is Sated
The U.S. Coast Guard declared port condition Zulu-a complete shutdown due to hurricane force winds and storm surge-for the Florida ports of Miami, the Everglades, Palm Beach, St. Petersburg, Fernandina, Tampa Bay, Canaveral, Jacksonville, Panama City and Pensacola.
Livingston said 12 petroleum companies operate out of the port and five were operational and were sending out trucks as of 8 a.m. with fuel from their pre-Hurricane Irma reserves. "After the hurricane passes, we are committed to assessing any damage and getting our ports back up and running as quickly as possible".
Monday, however, dozens of tanker trucks were loaded with fuel that was stored at the port, and the process is continuing. The port will reopen once the Coast Guard gives the all-clear. "Vessel operations may be impacted based on local conditions and U.S. Coast Guard actions, but this also has no impact on gate operations".
The airport suffered flooding damage, there were roof leaks and air conditioning units went down.
Note: Even when the ports reopen, challenges remain due to power outages at gas stations, flooded areas and closed streets.
'I'm willing': Russell Brand on making amends with ex, Katy Perry
Russell Brand has said he would be "open" to rekindling his friendship with ex-wife Katy Perry , it has been revealed. The pair were revealed to be engaged shortly before their daughter Mabel was born in November 2016.
- Residents Urged To Monitor Hurricane Jose
- There are 3 tropical systems in the Atlantic right now
- Gareth Bale: I rejected United move to win trophies at Real Madrid
- USA military strike would be 'a very sad day for North Korea'
- " "Matthieu Delormeau reviendra en " simple " invité le 20 septembre — TPMP
- Katia downgraded to tropical storm as it moves into Mexico
- Texas A&M Weather Expert weighs in on active hurricane season
- Trump receives 'comprehensive update' on Hurricane Irma
- AA and Hastings confirm summer talks over insurance tie-up have ended
- General Electric Corp. (GE) Shareholder Tocqueville Asset Management LP Raised Position