An 11-year-old boy has died and his parents were also killed as they tried to save him from a volcanic crater in Italy.
The 11-year-old son is thought to have been overcome by poisonous gas from the volcano after going too close to the crater.
The couple's second son, aged seven-years-old, managed to get to safety.
It adds Lorenzo is likely to have fainted due to the gas fumes emitted by the crater and fallen into the boiling hot mud surrounding it when his parents were trying to save him.
Emergency crews rushed to the scene, but were unable to save the family.
Related Image Expand Collapse Three people reportedly died when they fell into a volcanic crater
One eyewitness said the boy had earlier crossed a safety barrier warning visitors not to approach the steaming crater.
"I saw a child run crying, I did not think I was facing the worst tragedy of my life", said eye witness Diego Vitagliano.
"They pulled out two bodies, then pulled us away".
A dormant volcano that last erupted in 1198, it has a shallow crater and is known for its sulphurous fumes and emissions of steam.
Of Alessio's cries for help, he added: "I think of that family and that poor baby crying and asking for help".
Irma Is Now a Tropical Storm
Officials in Orlando said the airport would reopen its passenger terminal and TSA security lines starting around 3:30 a.m. The hurricane center says the storm is still life-threatening with unsafe storm surge , wind and heavy rains.
- Wenger: Alexis isn't fat, he's serious and committed
- Pékin Express revient sur M6 pour de nouvelles aventures
- LR. Valérie Pécresse veut " oxygéner la droite "
- Verschärfter Ton - UNO verhängt neue Sanktionen gegen Nordkorea [1:56]
- William ne voulait pas d'un troisième enfant
- Diego Costa bientôt de retour à l'Atlético Madrid?
- Tesla débride à distance ses voitures pour aider les victimes d'Irma
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift unveiled
- People Are Already Queuing For The iPhone X, Before It Is Announced
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes