"She didn't attempt and kill this person", Jesse Quackenbush said Monday night, a couple of hours after his little girl was captured on the charge.
Metro Nashville Police say Melton was disturbed by exhaust fumes and loud music coming from Quackenbush's Porsche SUV while trying to sleep at 3 a.m., and asked her to move the vehicle. The two then got into a loud argument with each other, and then Quackenbush allegedly exited the vehicle holding a gun that she then used to shoot Melton twice, leaving him with a wounded abdomen.
Her father, Jesse Quackenbush, released the following statement, saying his daughter fired two warning shots not meaning to hit Melton.
Police say Quackenbush then got back into her auto and fled the scene.
Quackenbush's bond was set at $25,000.
US Family Incomes Up, Poverty Down
Women, on the other hand, boosted their annual income by 0.7 percent to $41,554, which contributed to a smaller gender wage gap. After a lost decade, Americans finally have begun making real gains, according to a report released Tuesday by the U.S.
Jesse Quackenbush, Katie's father and an attorney from Texas, said his daughter his daughter wasn't even aware she struck Melton following their argument. The driver fired a round as a warning to scare him away as he came at her. When Melton walked away, Quackenbush escorted her friend from the Porsche, bringing her firearm with her for safety. He kept coming and she fired a second round, again meant to scare him away. "He comes up to their window and starts screaming in their window various threats", Jesse said, "and something about turning their music down and that he couldn't sleep".
He alleged Melton approached Quackenbush and her friend, both of whom were seated inside the vehicle, and began hurling sexist insults and threatening them.
The ladies left, choosing to go to an eatery and return later to convey the traveler to her vehicle. "She's never done anything like this in her life".
Metro police weren't immediately available for comment late Monday night regarding allegations that Melton had threatened Quackenbush's life.
Quackenbush, who eventually turned herself in, is slated to appear in court October 6.
- Letters to the Editor: Middlebury College stands behind DACA students
- Ces mots qui peuvent marquer vos enfants à vie
- Le YouTuber star PewDiePie s'excuse après un nouveau dérapage raciste
- Egypt: Security Council Strongly Condemns 'Heinous' Attack On Egyptian Police
- Sky set to stream midweek EFL games after £600m deal
- The Apple Watch could soon detect abnormal heart rhythms
- Mel B Under Criminal Investigation For Witness Tampering
- Which ad will Warriors wear on their jerseys in record National Basketball Association deal?
- Formule E - Bientôt des courses de SUV électriques
- Audi Aicon, la voiture du futur 100% autonome — Salon de Francfort