In his suit, filed in federal court in NY, Oakley says Dolan had it out for him from the moment he took over the team because Charles refused to "kiss the ring".
Oakley was arrested after the run-in with Garden security, and Dolan suggested that the former Knicks player had an alcohol problem and anger-management issues, subsequently banning him from the arena.
At the time he agreed to the plea, Oakley hinted he might consider civil action, with his attorney saying Oakley would pursue "all civil remedies" with regard to the incident. Oakley was sitting in the stands during a game, when an altercation broke out between him and Madison Square Garden security. He was also cited for two additional counts of harassment that are considered noncriminal violations. "Incredibly, within a few minutes of reaching his seats", the complaint says, "Mr. Oakley was approached by three large men identifying themselves as being members of Madison Square Garden's security team who ordered him, without explanation, to leave the arena".
Oakley says things came to a head on February 8. when Dolan ordered security to remove him from the building and a physical altercation ensued. Oakley has denied that he has a drinking problem and denied any wrongdoing at Madison Square Garden.
US warned storm could LOOP BACK towards east coast
And the governor said damage on the southwest coast, including in Naples and Fort Myers, was not as bad as feared. Southbound US Route 1 - the only road connecting the Keys - is closed, Florida Keys spokesman Andy Newman said.
The Garden released witness statements from a dozen employees who encountered Oakley that night and alleged that he was physically and verbally abusive. Jefferies Group LLC lifted their price target on The Madison Square Garden from $185.00 to $200.00 and gave the company a "hold" rating in a research note on Friday, August 18th.
Oakley's fight with Madison Square Garden and Knicks owner James Dolan, in particular, has been a long, drawn-out ordeal with both sides behaving badly at times.
Last month, prosecutors agreed to dismiss charges after six months of good behavior.
- Verschärfter Ton - UNO verhängt neue Sanktionen gegen Nordkorea [1:56]
- Irma Is Now a Tropical Storm
- Tesla débride à distance ses voitures pour aider les victimes d'Irma
- Diego Costa bientôt de retour à l'Atlético Madrid?
- NTSB Holds Hearing On Deadly Crash Involving Tesla Autopilot
- Melania Trump thanks Irma first responders: 'Stay safe'
- Pékin Express revient sur M6 pour de nouvelles aventures
- En plein ouragan Irma, une femme accouche seule chez elle — Miami
- Some awards muscled down to TV show, says Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- Steve Mnuchin says backdating tax reform 'absolutely' a possibility