The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension said Tuesday it has completed its investigation into the July 15 shooting death of 911 caller Justine Ruszczyk by Minneapolis police officer Mohamed Noor and turned it over to Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman, who will now consider whether to charge Noor with a crime.
"As it has throughout this investigation, the BCA will continue to work with the county attorney as needed to provide any additional information" to prosecutors, the state Department of Public Safety said in a statement.
Letters to the Editor: Middlebury College stands behind DACA students
Most importantly, he said, it's unfair to punish people who were brought here as children without any choice. About a dozen people gathered Monday at a park in Los Banos to rally support for Dreamers in Merced County.
"Neither the Hennepin County Attorney's Office, nor County Attorney Freeman, will have any further comment at this time". Damond was shot and killed July 15th by Officer Mohamed Noor as she approached the squad auto he was riding in.
Damond, 40, a native of Australia and engaged to be married, called police late at night about noises behind her Fulton neighborhood home on Washburn Avenue S. that she suspected might be a sexual assault. The policeman has been on paid leave since the incident. During a meeting with Minneapolis residents Sunday Freeman said the shooting of Damond "didn't have to happen". "It shouldn't have happened". Instead, he expects his office to decide whether to charge Noor by the end of the year.
- Apple Announces Apple Watch Series 3, Its First Internet-connected Wearable
- Police examine surveillance video after woman found dead inside Rosemont hotel freezer
- Doctor suspended after 4 patients test positive for Hepatitis C
- Eric and Lara Trump welcome a baby boy
- Kid Rock responds to protests against his concerts
- Shorelines drained in eerie effect of Hurricane Irma
- Le YouTuber star PewDiePie s'excuse après un nouveau dérapage raciste
- Sky set to stream midweek EFL games after £600m deal
- Pres. Trump to Meet With PM of Malaysia
- 5 things the new Apple TV needs to have besides 4K