But according the Strictly judge Craig Revel-Horwood, there could be even more major - and exciting - changes on the way.
Craig Revel Horwood has also said he believes same-sex couples will feature on Strictly, and it's a case of when, not if.
'Same-sex couples can get married now, and I think it's great to celebrate anyone's sexuality. The Beeb have to decide whether they want to do that one year.
When asked about the issue by host Lorraine Kelly, Craig answered: "I think same-sex couples can exist, yes. That's the only difference".
"The problem is tradition, historically, has said it has to be a man and a woman doing a dance and I think that's probably where the BBC are a bit wary". It's awesome - seeing Argentine Tango between two men is powerful and explosive and the same can happen between two women.
"A spokesperson said: "'Strictly' has chosen the traditional format of mixed-sex couples and at the moment we have no plans to introduce same-sex couples in the competition. "I think this year would be a good year to do it actually, with the 50th anniversary of sexual offences act (which decriminalised sex between two men aged more than 21)".
Bad news for Arsenal & Francis Coquelin after Bournemouth
Wenger was also asked if Coquelin's setback could see Jack Wilshere return to Arsenal first team action. "He is focused. Mattias is ESPN FC's Arsenal correspondent.
Richard, who was one half of the 1980s band the Communards, is in a same-sex marriage and is among the 15 contestants taking part in this year's edition of Strictly Come Dancing. It works between two women as well.
Calman told the BBC over the weekend that she had faced criticism online from people who disagreed with her taking part on the show because it does not have same-sex couples.
His comments came after fellow contestant Susan Calman, who is a lesbian, had been criticised on social media for not having a female professional partner. "I'm still well gay and proud of it". I am not being held hostage by the BBC.
"It's not just about sex, it's about dancing", he said.
"There will be a time for same-sex dancing. When I do a sexy tango with my partner I'll be acting and, fundamentally, I've watched the show for years and I want to learn how to dance", she said.
- Vladimir Putin warns of 'global catastrophe' amid North Korea 'military hysteria'
- Ciotti dénonce "une défaillance de l'Etat" — Irma
- Afrobasket masculin 2017: Les lions battent largement le Mozambique( 80-49)
- Putin calls sanctions on North Korea "useless"
- The Voice 7 : Florent Pagny et Mika rempilent !
- GPA : une quinquagénaire va porter l'enfant de sa fille
- North Korea warns US over sanctions push ahead of UN vote
- Chine : les voitures à carburants fossiles bientôt interdites ?
- Kangana Ranaut's sister Rangoli calls KRK 'crow', 'dog' in Twitter spat
- PM Modi Offered Cabinet Berth to NCP's Supriya Sule: Shiv Sena