Corker has yet to receive the endorsement from Trump, who appeared angry at the senator's comments regarding his treatment of the Charlottesville riots.
"It's a tremendous privilege to do what I do and to weigh in on the big issues", the senator said. "But I have not decided what I'm going to do in the future". Plus it would give Democrats a new shot to pick up another Senate seat, although it still would be an uphill climb given that the state is still a solid GOP stronghold.
Despite his misgivings, many Republicans think Corker will run again. "Our nation needs to be successful".
Corker then also said Trump: "recently has not demonstrated that he understands the character of this nation". "That approach allows me to truly throw myself into the job and make decisions based on what I believe is best for Tennessee and our country without thinking about the next election or the next potential opportunity".
Target Corporation (TGT) Shares Sold by WASHINGTON TRUST Co
The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available at this hyperlink . The stock of Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT ) has "Underweight" rating given on Thursday, May 19 by Barclays Capital.
Corker seemed unfazed by Trump's tweet, telling CNN, "I thought his tweet was fine".
Corker said he's had "multiple interactions" with senior officials at the White House since the flap, and said "no question my relationship is just the same as it was before".
That tweet came a week after Corker offered some sharp criticism of the president at a town hall in Tennessee.
The president responded by tweeting, "Strange statement by Bob Corker considering that he is constantly asking me whether or not he should run again in '18".
- Newly re-signed Steelers DE Stephon Tuitt feared to have torn biceps
- Target Slashes Prices on Thousands of Items, Including Grocery
- Child rape, sexual abuse became moral epidemic: Kailash Satyarthi
- Hurricane Irma: In Storm's Path, Georgia Declares a State of Emergency
- Conor McGregor bottle-throwing incident gets new twist
- Court throws out Dino Melaye's suit, gives INEC go-ahead with recall process
- Stephen Curry downplays Kevin Durant's shot against Under Armour's shoes
- Hamas top leaders visit Egypt for national reconciliation
- Blake Shelton Debuts 'I'll Name the Dogs' at the 2017 CCMAs
- California to Allow Marijuana Deliveries, but Not by Drones or "Unmanned Vehicles"