Damien Harris knows he can't always rely on Alabama's world-class defense to win games, but the junior tailback is sure happy when he can.
Last season, Francois passed for 3,350 yards and 20 touchdowns. Tate was especially key on the drive as he had two grabs for 41 yards, including getting a fade pass in the corner of the end zone, using that 6'5 frame to his advantage.
Top-ranked Alabama came up with a blocked punt and a fumble on a kickoff return in the final 1:47 of the third quarter and cashed both of the gifts in with points as the Crimson Tide went on to beat the third-ranked Seminoles 24-7 on Saturday in front of a record 76,330 in the Chick-Fil-A Kickoff, the first college game to be played at the $1.6 billion Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Throw in a blocked punt, a blocked field goal and a fumble recovery on a kickoff return, and there was really no path to victory for the Seminoles in the first opener between two teams in the top three of The Associated Press preseason rankings. Thanks to a sack by Josh Sweat, the Tide had to settle for a 25-yard field goal by Andy Pappanastos.
ATLANTA | It was 107 seconds Florida State will never get back.
Francois, the Seminoles' sophomore quarterback, left the game in the fourth quarter after injuring his left leg on a sack by Ronnie Harrison, ending a night in which he was 19 of 33 passing for 210 yards and a touchdown.
The injury to quarterback Deondre Francois is reportedly set to cost him the full 2017 season. The Florida State star quarterback appeared to injure his left knee and had to be helped off the field, unable to put any weight on his left leg.
Brad Pitt, Jolie 'consciously re-coupling'
Apparently, the Hollywood actress has to deal with her life alone, and she found it hard monitoring her health from time to time. Not only for herself but also for the kids who feel the stress and negativity around the parent and get affected as well.
Florida State also has J.J. Cosentino on its roster. Ridley ended the game with seven receptions for 82 yards on 10 targets.
Last season the Seminoles lost safety Derwin James after he injured his knee in the second game against Charleston Southern.
The Louisiana-Monroe game should give Fisher a good chance to evaluate all of his options before a September 16 matchup against No. 18 Miami.
Fisher said Blackman would likely be the starter next week against Louisiana-Monroe, if Francois isn't available.
After that, the offense didn't have as much success.
- Welsh Labour supports party's decision for a soft Brexit and single market
- Chiefs resign Spiller, place Nelson on IR
- Trump hints at withdrawal from US-South Korea free trade deal
- 'Who needs Coutinho?' Watch Liverpool youngster Ben Woodburn's screamer for Wales
- Sergio Garcia damages putter, uses 3-wood and makes birdie putt anyway
- Heartbreaking photo captures CT officer saying goodbye to K-9 partner
- Exxon restarting second-largest USA refinery
- Merkel, Macron call for tougher European Union sanctions against North Korea
- Unrest at Birmingham Prison Sends at Least One to Hospital
- Japan unimpressed with May's Brexit but 'too polite' to say so