A view of the Saudi holy city of Mecca during this year's annual Hajj pilgrimage.
Other countries who had representatives at the meeting include: Russia, Afghanistan, Comoros, Lebanon, and senior officials from a number of Islamic countries.
"The limbs of terrorism have sought to harm the holy cities, paying no attention to their sanctity", SPA quoted King Salman as telling foreign dignitaries at a reception he held in Mecca, where more than 2 million pilgrims are performing haj. We are determined with Allah's help to achieve the highest level of services for the Two Holy Mosques and the holy sites within an integrated system to facilitate Hajj performance and ensure the safety of the visitors to the Grand Holy Mosque and the Prophet's Holy Mosque.
"We completely reject the politicization of the Hajj and of its employment for non-worship purposes", he said.
Almost half a million peoples' pacemakers are at risk of being hacked
The hackers could then deliberately run the battery flat, or conduct "administration of inappropriate pacing". There have been no reports of unauthorized access to any patient's implanted device, according to Abbot.
Saudi Arabia, which stakes its reputation on its guardianship of Islam's holiest sites and organising the haj, has been hit by bombings in recent years and uncovered plots to carry out attacks in Mecca.
However, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia with Allah's help and in co-operation with the kingdom's brothers and friends has achieved great successes in eradicating terrorism, and drying up its sources of funding firmly and persistently, he added. Therefore, it senses the hopes and pains of Muslims everywhere, strives to achieve unity, cooperation and solidarity in our Muslim world, and achieves security and peace in the whole world.
As pilgrims took turns to complete the last rites of Hajj, the king returned to Jeddah.
"I wish that you are well every year".
- Boris Johnson condemns 'reckless' North Korean nuclear test
- Shikhar Dhawan to return to India on Sunday
- Bell Pottinger chief quits ahead of ruling on race hate campaign claims
- Dixons Carphone (DSITF) Downgraded by Investec to "Hold"
- Korea Warns Japan of 'Imminent Self-Destruction'
- Jose Ramirez, Cleveland Indians batter, sweep Detroit Tigers, 11-1
- State ag secretaries Northey, Ibach named to USDA posts
- Crime, violence dog Mexico as president addresses nation
- Changements du 1er septembre !
- Microsoft and Amazon's AI Assistants Alexa Are Teaming Up