We've been around the block with reboot rumors for The Crow more times than we can count at this point, but the fact that Sony has officially been locked down as the distributor for the project is big news. When the company went under, the project went into limbo.
Jack Huston was attached to star in the film but he dropped out due to a scheduling conflict once the start date shifted.
The Crow Reborn will be distributed worldwide by Sony Pictures, EW has learned. It will also face a skeptical fanbase, who passionately feel the original movie should be left alone as a tribute to star Brandon Lee, who tragically died in an on-set accident during filming. The plan is for The Crown Reborn to be a more faithful adaptation of the original graphic novel written by James O'Barr.
Samuel Hadida's Davis Films, Highland Film Group and Electric Shadow had previously acquired rights to finance, produce and distribute the film, and Kevin Misher will produce via his Misher Films. Sony will distribute worldwide, and Highland Film Group will sell global rights. There's now no word on a release date or whether Momoa is still attached to the lead, but as the actor is now poised to make a big splash thanks to his role as Aquaman, Sony will likely want to keep him onboard.
Trump lawyers met with Mueller, arguing Trump didn't obstruct justice
The Department of Justice turned over a copy of the letter to Mueller's team, the Times reported . Mueller was given that original letter by the Justice Department sometime in recent weeks.
Pressman will produce now with Hadida and Misher.
Miramax released "The Crow" and the 1996 sequel "The Crow: City Of Angels", which starred Vincent Perez as the lead character Eric Draven.
Momoa is starring as Aquaman in the upcoming "Justice League" and "Aquaman".
- Prosecutors appeal bond decision for white nationalist
- Smash Mouth singer Steve Harwell hospitalized
- Buhari Congratulates 'Impressive' Super Eagles
- La magnifique reprise de volée acrobatique de Cristiano Ronaldo
- Melania Trump to Hurricane Victims: 'Be Strong'
- Candid? Yes. Presidential? Not so much. Voters describe Trump
- Harvey pushes rain into the Carolinas
- Mysterious, Brain-Like Blob Found in A Canadian Lagoon
- Menendez denied trial-schedule request in corruption case
- Christophe Beaugrand est impatient de retourner animer Secret Story