Jaitley is in charge of the Gujarat polls while the other ministers are co-in charge of the polls.
Textiles Minister Smriti Irani is holding additional charge of the Information and Broadcasting Ministry portfolio, while Rural Development Minister Narendra Tomar has additional charge of the Urban Development Ministry after Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu resigned from his ministerial responsibilities to take up the high office. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has been holding additional charge of the Defence Ministry since then.
Jaitley was asked by reporters how long he would continue as Defence Minister.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Finance Minister Arun Jaitley are also likely to attend the meet in Vridavan on Saturday. The Environment ministry was reassigned as additional charge after the death of minister Anil Dave.
OFFICIEL - Mendy de retour à Nice en prêt
Toujours à Leicester, l'ancien Niçois pourrait bien retrouver les Aiglons cet été sous forme de prêt avec option d'achat. L'OM recherche encore son buteur mais selon La Provence le club se renseigne aussi sur un milieu de terrain défensif.
Meanwhile, Rail Minister Suresh Prabhu has also offered to exit from the government after a series of rail mishaps more than a week ago and had said that the Prime Minister had asked him to "wait". The assembly poll are slated for later this year. Five junior ministers were also dropped.
The ruling party, which suffered a serious setback earlier in August when it failed to block the re-nomination of veteran Congress leader Ahmed Patel in the Rajya Sabha election that had become a prestige issue, is now pinning its hopes on the visits by Modi, the star campaigner of the party.
The first indication of the reshuffle came late afternoon when junior HRD Minister Mahendra Nath Pandey was named as the BJP's Uttar Pradesh unit chief by Shah.
While JD (U), the new partner of NDA, is all set to join the government, the BJP is keen to bring AIADMK in as well.
- Eurozone inflation hits 4-month high in August
- Time to call Trump's NAFTA bluff
- Hoosiers hungry for spotlight against Buckeyes
- Arsenal will not accept cash offer for Alexis Sanchez
- Nintendo Loses a $10 Million Lawsuit over the Wii Remote
- Lebanon calls on United Nations to renew peacekeepers' mandate
- No Decision Yet on US Troop Numbers for Trump's Afghanistan Surge - Pentagon
- Boca Raton mother found unconscious with girl crying in van, police say
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- The Shape of Water clip teases Guillermo del Toro film's creature