Kim Jong-Un is the third in an familial line of North Korean dictators stretching back to his grandfather, Kim Il-Sung, who founded the state in 1948 and led the invasion of South Korea in 1950, sparking the Korean War.
However, South Korean opposition lawmaker Yi Wan-yong has said, "Kim's first child is a son and the second child is a daughter".
There was speculation that Ri was pregnant late a year ago, when she disappeared from public view for several months, a time frame that would seem to line up with a February birth.
Kim's first and second child were reportedly born in 2010 and 2013, respectively.
Trevor Noah defends Melania Trump's stilettos: 'Who cares?'
She also put on a baseball cap with the word "FLOTUS" on it, in true Trump style, while her husband wore one that read "USA".
"I held their baby Ju Ae and spoke with Ms. Ri as well", he said, describing Kim as "a good dad".
U.S. Forces officials are seen in front of a Japan Self-Defense Forces (JSDF) Patriot Advanced Capability-3 (PAC-3) missile unit during a drill in response to a recent missile launch by North Korea, at U.S. Air Force Yokota Air Base in Fussa on the outskirts of Tokyo, Japan August 29, 2017.
Given the propensity of the Korean Worker's Party to choose successive male leaders from the Kim family, there was great question and concern about whether or not the couple, married since 2009, would make the continuation of that tradition possible, both in the DPRK and overseas. In 2005, she visited South Korea "as a member of North Korea's cheering squad", a South Korean lawmaker told CNN.
Kim Jong-un and his wife have been married since 2009.
- IFA 2017 : ASUS dévoile son casque Windows Mixed Reality
- RNC Chief Of Staff Resigns To Take Post At Chamber Of Commerce
- Rossi breaks leg in training crash
- Defiant May tells critics: The public want me to stay
- Harvey Strikes Canada's Oil Sands as Heavy Crude Refineries Shut
- US Rules Descendants of Cherokees' Former Slaves Have Full Tribal Rights
- 10-man Iran hold on against S
- Wallaby lock Simmons signs for Waratahs from Reds
- Juan Nicasio Claimed off Waivers by the Phillies
- Chris Pratt & Anna Faris Take Another Step Toward Divorce