No charges will be brought in the case of the fatal ride accident at the Ohio State Fair.
Some of those injured were on the ride that collapsed, and others were struck by debris that came off the machine, said Ohio State Highway Patrol Superintendent Col. Paul Pride.
Investigators interviewed more than 80 witnesses, including people on the ride at the time of the wild mishap, which sent one of its passenger gondolas flying into the air, killing 18-year-old Tyler Jarrell and injuring seven others.
Prosecutor Ron O'Brien reviewed the case and concluded there was not enough evidence to proceed with a criminal case.
Officials say the ride will be stored at the Ohio State Fair and Exposition Center until it is released to Amusements of America.
'Street Fighter II' Celebrates 30th Anniversary With SNES Cartridges
Capcom are re-releasing their finest video game achievement - Street Fighter 2 - as a limited-edition Super Nintendo cartridge. Capcom is releasing the game in all of its cartridge glory and we'll have our chance to get one of two copies in November.
The State Highway Patrol in OH led the investigation and says it interviewed over 80 witnesses, including people on the ride when it broke apart.
Troopers and third party experts completed nondestructive inspections of the ride, which includes measurements, mapping, scanning, and photography.
Representatives from the Department of Agriculture, Amusements of America, KMG, the Ohio State Fair, and Expo Center and the Consumer Products Safety Administration were included in the investigation.
Tyler Jarrell's family has retained attorneys and plans to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit, they say.
- Ligue 1: Mbappé officiellement prêté au PSG
- Mark Cavendish to make return at event
- Study claims slow walkers more likely to die of heart disease
- Le Master Chief arrive en réalité virtuelle — Halo
- Pet Turtles Blamed For Salmonella Outbreak in 13 States
- "Qui sera le prochain grand pâtissier" ou "Les Vacances du Petit Nicolas"
- $800 Millennium Falcon soars as Lego's biggest set ever
- Livescore (FRA 1 - 0 NTL)
- Steelers GM Kevin Colbert gets two-year extension
- Liverpool offer for Lemar 'turned down', Monaco don't want player, meeting ongoing