"We were here for people". When the building is clear, when it's safe, we can start taking people. He says the 16,000-seat former basketball arena is prone to flooding and that "the last thing we would do is put people in it right at the beginning". And there were safety issues that people don't understand.
On Sunday, Lakewood Church posted on Facebook that it was "inaccessible due to severe flooding" and directed displaced residents to shelters in the city.
Harvey, which first came ashore on Friday in Texas as a Category 4 hurricane, dumped as much as 51 inches of rain on some parts of the state. Photos provided by the church Monday to CNN show flooding inside a building and on a street.
Perry said he is still considering other organizations to donate to, telling viewers, "Make sure you are giving to people that are getting the monies directly to the people that need it".
10-man Iran hold on against S
Syria and Uzbekistan have 12 points apiece, but Syria are now in third place thanks to a tiebreaking edge in goal difference. Queiroz said both South Korea and Iran played "beautiful football" for fans at the stadium.
Today, AP employs the latest technology to collect and distribute content - we have daily uploads covering the latest and breaking news in the world of politics, sport and entertainment.
Osteen said that the city of Houston had another shelter four miles away from the church and that he had been working with city officials throughout the storm.
At first, it was hard for church staff to get to the facility from their homes, the spokesperson told ABC on Tuesday, adding that the facility did not initially shelter people because it would be too risky to have people on a lower level, which could flood.
- Borussia Dortmund enter talks with Manchester City for Jadon Sancho
- Chris Pratt & Anna Faris Take Another Step Toward Divorce
- Everton pense à Michy Batshuayi — Angleterre Chelsea
- Aqua Blue Sport Bus Attacked By Arsonist at Vuelta
- Juan Nicasio Claimed off Waivers by the Phillies
- Harvey Still On Track To Bring Us 3-6 Inch Rains
- Air China first-half profit falls 3.8 pct
- Game of Thrones star reveals what Cersei really thought of Daenerys
- May, Abe pledge to increase pressure on North Korea
- Gov. Rauner to sign school funding bill