When asked minutes later whether this would come from the President personally or from the Trump Foundation or Trump Organization, Huckabee Sanders relayed that the President said it would be "his personal money".
Homeland Security Adviser Tom Bossert said 100,000 homes had been affected by the storm, which hit Texas as a Category 4 hurricane and is now dumping rain on Louisiana.
The president has been praised by local officials for his involvement and response to the disaster.
Trump was widely photographed wearing the "USA" cap when he arrived in Corpus Christi, Texas and during his subsequent briefing with Governor Greg Abbott about the natural disaster.
No, I know they're looking into some different options.
Everton pense à Michy Batshuayi — Angleterre Chelsea
En conférence de presse, Eden Hazard a confié avoir discuté avec l'ancien attaquant de l'OM, au sujet de son avenir. Reste à trouver un nouveau point de chute pour Michy Batshuayi .
At least 31 people have been killed, including a family of six whose van was swept off a Houston bridge by violent flood waters.
Moody's Analytics estimated the economic cost from Harvey for southeast Texas at $51 billion to $75 billion, ranking it among the costliest storms in US history.
Vice President Pence surveyed flooded-out areas of Texas on Thursday.
"I want to be able to offer my help and support in the most productive way possible, not through just words, but also action", she said.
Speaking at an event to kick off tax reform in Missouri, President Trump praised the first responders for their work.
- 8 things families can do to help Hurricane Harvey victims right now
- 10-man Iran hold on against S
- Harvey Still On Track To Bring Us 3-6 Inch Rains
- Gareth Southgate considers Joe Hart England's best goalkeeper
- Texans sign Hopkins to big contract extension
- Campbell Soup Company (CPB) Trades at New 52-Week Low
- Harvey Strikes Canada's Oil Sands as Heavy Crude Refineries Shut
- Les Bleus battus d'entrée par la Finlande — Euro de basket
- Newcastle United Look At Liverpool's Origi As Gayle Replacement
- Defiant May tells critics: The public want me to stay